Maxogain - any better than pure minoxidil?

hairymonster

Reaction score
Just saw this product called Maxogain on Ebay from Canada. It supposedly contains 2 other ingredients (apart from 5% minoxidil) called Thymiskon and NTR-FLA. Has anyone tried it and is it any better than pure minoxidil? Doesn't seem much more expensive that any other but I'm dubious because I can't find any information on these 2 ingredients outside of Maxogain.

This is what Ebay says about them -

Thymiskon is a natural based DHT inhibitor and irritant free emolument. Thymiskon is all natural, 100% safe product derived from seaweed (carrageenan). How does it work? Naturally high levels of Zinc, Copper and Iodine contained within Thymiskon eliminates DHT on contact for up to 12hrs per application. Thymiskon eliminates DHT, hydrates and protects the scalp, reduces inflammations, and vastly improves Minoxidils growth results . Its all natural and it works, SkinSafe dermatologist approved. Copper: Inhibits DHT, Anti-inflammatory, Mineral Nutrient, Produces Healthier Hair, Accelerates Growth, Restores Hair Color, Essential for Hair Growth. Zinc: Inhibits DHT, Anti-inflammatory, Antifungal, Reduces Sebum, Mineral Nutrient, Produces Healthier Hair, Accelerates Growth, Alleviates many skin related issues that may be preventing hair growth, Essential for Hair Growth. Note: dietary zinc supplements increase DHT levels, zinc supplements should be limited to no more than 5mg per day or discontinued while on the Maxogain treatment. Iodine: Slows Formation of DHT by 50%(Doubles Inhibitor Effect), Inhibits DHT, Antibacterial, Essential for Hair Growth.

What is NTR-FLA?

NTR-FLA is a nutrient additive that provides topical nutrients, balances mineral content, balances PH levels, promotes faster healthier growth

knowingyou

Established Member
Reaction score
I used it for a year becaused I have ordered 12 bottles.It was made by a company in HK, it dried fast and clean. The liquid was very clear and smell just like alcohol.I did not reorder it again because it did not help me at all.

hairymonster

Reaction score
That's interesting, it purports to be from Canada. On the website they have their HQ in Canada, so they must just manufacture it in HK. Did it say "Made in Hong Kong?" on the back? Did you try any other minoxidil which DID help you after trying this one?

hairymonster

Reaction score
I got confirmation from the company "Its imported from China.... contains ~22-24% isopropyl alcohol".

This doesn't mean it's no good, lots of great stuff comes from China and I expect the Rogaine comes from there too.

Has anyone else used Maxogain and did it work?

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.maxogain.com/

The thing that interests me is that it contains Isopropyl Alcohol while no ethanol
or PPG is mentioned in the formula. This is the only minoxidil product that contains IPA as a solvent to my knowledge. I'm really really curious if any one here tried it before.