Max's Story!

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all… I have read all your posts on this thread and appreciate the information and updates kept by everyone. Here’s my story.

I have been using the Ashley & Martin "Realgrowth" system for the past 9 or so months. Cost me more than I wanted to pay too, but can you really put a price on this sort of thing? My hair loss so far is not massive but you can definitely see thinning on the top of my head (mostly at the front) and the "golden arches" of what could turn really bad in a few years untreated. (I'm 25)

The Realgrowth system combines a special Minoxidil (7%) formula with Proscar (finasteride) tablets as well as shampoo, conditioner, antiseptic pre-wash, stimulating formula and Saw Palmetto (supplement tablets).
So far in the grand scale of things I haven’t noticed a great deal of new growth. I have noticed a fair few very fine hairs popping up on my temples and crown, but I don’t know if they will eventuate into hair growth or not. My hair is very fine anyway, so I am under the impression it will take longer to regrow. (it could be the exact opposite though – that’s just my theory) In any case, I don't think I'd have anywhere near as much hair left if I had left it untreated.

So yesterday I bought a needle roller from Ebay. I will hopefully get it by this time next week so I can start using it. Once I get that, and a few other things I will be starting a strict regime (adding several new products and supplements to my lineup) which I will do for the next 6 months. (I will update this later today or tomorrow) I will also be documenting my progress, just as I have been doing since I started on the Realgrowth system.

I will post my progress every few weeks, for those who are interested. Hopefully before too long I will qualify for a post in the “Success Stories†as so many have done.

Pics will come once I have sorted them (I have just under a hundred) :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
just use big 3, those are the proven treatments and they are not expensive at all.

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
I will definitely be continuing with the proven methods regardless of how slow my progress is. Patience is something I will need to work on though...

As for the unproven methods, I am somewhat a perfectionist in many areas of life. I feel if I'm not doing EVERYTHING I can do about the situation then I'm missing out... I don't mind the cost as long as the end result is satisfactory.

At the moment I'm wielding an awful combover, which only seems to look good for the first week or so after getting it cut short. My head is awkwardly shaped on top too, so buzzing it all is definitely out of the question.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Maxpwr said:
I will definitely be continuing with the proven methods regardless of how slow my progress is. Patience is something I will need to work on though...

As for the unproven methods, I am somewhat a perfectionist in many areas of life. I feel if I'm not doing EVERYTHING I can do about the situation then I'm missing out... I don't mind the cost as long as the end result is satisfactory.

At the moment I'm wielding an awful combover, which only seems to look good for the first week or so after getting it cut short. My head is awkwardly shaped on top too, so buzzing it all is definitely out of the question.

I agree, consistency is the key.

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
My Regime

(note: I won’t include my meal / exercise details with this. I eat well and exercise plenty, but I’m not fanatical about it… I do splurge and get lazy from time to time. I also smoke occasionally)

Morning
- Take 1tsp L-arginine upon waking
- 1.25mg Proscar (finasteride) on empty stomach, right before breakfast
- Green tea with breakfast
- Multivitamin with breakfast
- 2tsp of apple cider vinegar with breakfast
- Brief head massage before styling hair for work (no product)

During the day
- 2 more cups of green tea
- 2tsp of apple cider vinegar with lunch
- Brief head massage when possible (1-4 times through the day)

Afternoon / evening
- Wet hair and massage well
- Brush hair with soft bristle brush
- Massage with antiseptic rinse 2mins. (every 2nd day only)
- Wash with medicated shampoo
- Condition with medicated conditioner (every other day only)
- Take 1tsp L-arginine (pure)

Before bed (1 hour before)
- 2tsp of apple cider vinegar
- Brief head massage
- Use needle roller for 3 – 5min
- Apply 2ml of Minoxidil (7%) with cotton tip

(I also add a lot of cayenne pepper / chilli powder into my food – like heaps!)

So this is what I’m going to be sticking to for the next 6 months. A lot of effort, I know but hopefully it’ll be worth it. Some of the supplements I have added are for general health, but are also related in some ways to hair loss. I have included a brief explanation of a few of these below.

I will take pics in a few day’s time after getting a haircut and post them, along with a few pics from the last 8 months.

Notes

L-arginine: An amino acid that helps the body create NO (nitric oxide). NO helps promote blood flow, dilate blood vessels, increase muscle gains and also helps with endurance and erectile dysfunction. (some could find this handy if experiencing libido problems from sustained use of finasteride)

Green Tea: Has a whole range of health benefits, including promotion of blood flow, prevention of blood clotting and slight anti-aging properties.

Apple Cider Vinegar: Also has a HUGE range of benefits (too many to list here). The relation to hair loss lies with the re-establishment of tissue salt in the body. Apple cider vinegar will restore tissue salt to a natural balance and supply deficiencies where needed. Also helps with blood flow.

Cayenne Pepper / Chilli: (capsaicin) Yet another promoter of blood flow and skin condition, amongst its many benefits. Also helps with general health and wellbeing.

Please, any comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
you REALLY care about your hair alot

I like my hair, but I aint down doing THAT much for it.