MaxwellSmartJr's Story - (29/ Thought I would share/PICS)

MaxwellSmartJr

Reaction score
I just wanted start off by saying that the people and success stories on this site has given me hope that I could have the possibility to restore my hair. So I thought I would share my story.

I started loosing my hair probably about 23 in college is when I noticed it. I was loosing hair at the temples. I noticed that the hair was thinning and reseeding. I knew sooner or later it would happen. My grandfather has a reseeding hairline and a bald spot on the vertex. He has curly/wavy hair and so do I. I made a comment about it to family and friends and they thought I was just imagining it because I was under stress from school. Having a reseeding hairline never really bothered me. My dad has one and I have seen many men with one and if the know how to style their hair it really doesn’t look bad. Maybe for me it wasn’t a problem since I had think hair.

I still worried about it and been to the store starring at the boxes of Rogaine but never took the plunge thinking it would be a waste of money. I even thought about calling my doctor to get a prescription for Propecia. But felt embarrassed talking to my doctor about it since he was bald and just tell me something along the lines as if its hereditary nothing would help.

Still it never bothered me, but I still had the fear that there would be that time I would be loosing more and it would be more noticeable. Years down the road I dated a girl that was a hair stylist. We were looking in a magazine and it had one of those laser combs. I told her I am going to need one for my hair loss. She told me that it didn’t work and nothing would work because once the hair falls out the hair follicle is dead and will never come back.
I am 29 now and starting back in the spring I noticed that my right temple was starting to become more noticeable after getting a hair cut. But that month what I hoped would never happen…happened. A picture was taken from my backside and noticed a thinning/bald spot. First I thought it could be the way my hair laid since it curly and does its own thing.

That’s when I felt I should take action. I went out and bought some Rogaine foam to use after I get out of the shower and some generic Min for when I go to bed. It has been a month just using Min. I have noticed some hairs forming on each side of my temple where my hair line use to be. Which looks strange since I have a few hairs, then bald, then thinning hair. On the vertex I started shedding really bad yesterday in the shower, which was depressing because I hoped that it would happen sooner since Thanksgiving is next week and I will be seeing family and friends and it looks worse, but I bought a hat and some mega hold gel in hopes to hide it. I think my temples are improving. I just started using nizoral today.

I really do think Propiecia would help. The problem is I am on a really tight budget and not longer have health insurance, but I am not here to complain about The States health care, so I cannot get a prescription. From reading the past posts I am thinking about 1mg of finasteride from Inhouse. Has anyone had any trouble with them or recommend another place. Also with taking finasteride would it cause more shedding after what the Min has done? Is it worse than Min? I would like to start it as soon as I get it, but don’t want to visit family during the holidays after a major shed.

That’s my story and thanks for everyone input on this board giving us some hope in the war with our hair. Any suggestions please do share. Sorry if the pics aren't so great.

Attachments

• 1118081622a.jpg
    1118081622a.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 198
  • 1118081622.jpg
    1118081622.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 213
  • 1118081309.jpg
    1118081309.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 1118081308.jpg
    1118081308.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 1019081929.jpg
    1019081929.jpg
    594.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 1019081928.jpg
    1019081928.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 193

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
I just ordered 90 pills of Fincar from Inhouse Pharmacy. It might come today, not really sure. I'll post how it goes. Good luck.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I ordered 30 pills from inhouse, no complaints with shipping. They shipped on the 11th and it got here on the 17th.

Dan_NW2

Reaction score
Honestly..your hair does not look bad at all, although it could be the lighting. The thing you have working for you is your hair is thick. Im a Norwood 3 Temple sufferer and you could never tell due to my hair thickness and the way I style my hair forward and to the sides, kinda like a surfer look. But low and behold I should go outside and catch a good wind and my hair flaps up and you can see the dreaded V. Im going in for transplantation surgery soon. But honestly mate..I would not worry about how your going to look for thanksgiving.