MD2358's Story

MD2358

Reaction score
hi, i'm a 25yr old male from england. when i was about 13 or 14 i started growing my hair out, and ive had it long ever since. about 2 years ago, i trimmed it down from its longest length, (about halfway down my back) to just above shoulder length, and that's how it is now.
i've never even thought about the possibility of balding, until, and as silly as this sounds, a woman at the gym said to she didn't think it was me down in the car park when she saw the balding spot until i looked upwards. (i was really P.O'd at the the way this came out to be honest) and since then i've noticed that its true. the crown of my head (and according to my mother i have a double crown...whatever that means) is really thinning, i can't really cover it up, even with long hair, as i can't get it right, and i'm not doing a bloody comb over. a for my temples, i've not really noticed it as i have the long hair, but i reckon the temples are receding a bit, don't really have anything to compare it to to be honest. its really bugging me now, CANNOT stop thinking about it, and i just don't know what to do. i don't fancy the propecia route, as i don't really want to run the risk of it messing with my 'gentlemen vegetables', i would go the regain route, but its just too damn expensive.
i've bought some alpecin caffeine shampoo, its SUPPOSED to promote hair growth from the roots. only had 3 days so obviously it hasn't done anything yet, but to be fair, i'm very skeptical of a shampoo actually being able to do any good. so, what i'm asking is, does anyone have any advice. am i a lost cause, and resign myself for the bruce willis look, or is there something i can do. i really don't want to do it, as i really like the rocker look, the long hair, but if need be, i will get it cut. no way in hell am i shaving it, so it's one uniform length all over, and im not doing the buzz cut, (or short back and sides as we call it over here) but i will have it what i would consider short in a 'fashionable style'. so does anyone have any ideas for shorter styles please? thanks in advance for any help.

(i'll add pics in the next post)

MD2358

Reaction score
Re: My story

sorry for low quality, camera is dead, had to use my phone.

Attachments

• IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    804.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    801.9 KB · Views: 178
  • IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    673.9 KB · Views: 160
  • IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 173

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Re: My story

Shampoo by itself (probably) won't do anything. It can HELP to promote hair growth when you add it to a routine, but not really when it's by itself.

You can buy generic (Kirkland) minoxidil (regaine) for pretty cheap. I'm thinking about $30 for a 3 month supply. However, minoxidil doesn't stop the hair loss. It simply stimulates the existing hair follicles

As much as popping a pill scares you....it really is the only clinically approved way to stop hairloss :-/ You just have to decide how much keeping your hair means to you.

Personally....I was scared away from propecia for 2 years, but finally bit the bullet and started on it. Had some really good success, and my hairloss pattern was similar (but not as advanced) as yours
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65594

I've had no problem with sides, but everyone reacts differently. Just remember, people are MUCH more likely to complain than they are to sing praises. People with problems are going to take to the internet to find solutions (propeciahelp). People that have no problems with propecia (90%+) don't need to "fix" anything, so why would they post about it?

Good luck to you, whichever way to go!