MDbaldeagle's Story-(30/Allow myself to introduce....MYSELF)

MDbaldeagle

Reaction score
I am about to turn 30 years old this month and i've decided to do something about my increasingly thin hair. I am a diffuse thinner and its going rather quickly. I'd like to say I started to lose my hair around 25 years old.

I've read a lot on these forums and I think they're great.

I've got a prescription for finasteride(propecia), however I've decided not to go that route since I want to have a 2nd (and final) child this year. Once we conceive, I will start on the finasteride and give it a go.

I guess i'm going to start on minoxidil awhile. Has anyone heard of any sexual side effects with this? I haven't bought a single thing yet and would like more details on it, I can't seem to find a full list on here. The other thing i'd like to try is Nizoral (i guess from walmart or CVS). What concerns should I have with this other than maybe shedding.

Not sure what Norwood I am. Is there a place I can check this? I assume Norwood is standard to compre my hairline to?

edit: I checked and I'm a Norwood 2 however, the scale doesn't show Thinning on the top. So i'm a 2, but pretty darn thin all over on top
thanks again.

MDbaldeagle

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Re: Allow myself to introduce....MYSELF

the chances are that finasteride won't affect your ability to conceive a child. less than 2% of men actually get sides from it.

no sexual sides from minoxidil recorded so far

same goes with nizoral....... you have to get the 2% nizoral with a prescription in the states or via the internet.

both are great combating male pattern baldness

if you are concerned about your hair loss time is your enemy and patience the game

IMP the sooner you start the better

minoxidil may induce a shed but the gains far out way the cons

good luck mate

MDbaldeagle

Reaction score
I am scared literally scared to death to try anything. I was going to go get the foam 5% tonight, but the shed forum has scared me.

my birthday is coming up and i'm afraid of massive shedding. jesus... :sobbing:

I pretty much have a buzz cut so you can see my scalp easily. I have more of a military style cut iwth #1 fade on the sides blended to a #5 on the top. Maybe shedding won't be a big of a deal, but man I know if i do nothing, its over in a year or so.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
i know every one speaks about the dreaded shed

i dont think i have had a shed yet maybe a little one in the beginning

it however wasn't cosmetically noticeable

IMO i wouldn't let the possibility of a shed stop you from going on your treatments

the sooner you start the sooner you are going to see results

hair recovery takes alot of time ....like years