MDF???

CCS

Reaction score
I have not looked at experimental stuff in a long time, so I don't know what follica and these other companies have been up to with their topicals. Anyone know about the history of MDF? Does samsontherapeutics pay royalties to use dutasteride in a topical? How long has they been planning this? It just seems like such big news to me all of a sudden that it is almost hard to believe it is real. Anyone want to fill me in or better yet give me links to people here awaiting the release months ago?

diffuse propecia said:
I do not know if it has been mentioned but you could try :-

leftbig.jpg

http://www.samsontherapeutics.com

it is 15% minoxidil + 2% flutamide and 2.5 mg dutasteride per application.

CCS

Reaction score
Oh, they say prescription strength. OK, that answers part of my question. Makes it more believeable.

CCS

Reaction score
How can I obtain MDF?
Like any other prescription preparation, MDF must be prescribed by your doctor. Your doctor is in the best position to know your medical status and whether MDF is appropriate for you. To send a request for treatment to your doctor, just follow these 3 simple steps:

OK, now I know this stuff is legit. Now just a question of if it is affordable. I bet it is though. I could easily apply it to my scalp through my grafts, just to see if it grows hair on the smooth bald skin bellow. But as long as it thickens up my sides above my left ear, I'm happy.

(3) Finally, studies have reported that topical Flutamide alone produced 39% more hair counts than finasteride and 249% more hair counts than placebo. (Sintov A: 2000.)
That one was new to me, but they nailed the other studies, so I doubt they would lie about this one.

CCS

Reaction score
OK, these people are definitely legit and not going anywhere. As for the cost, they say $2.61 per day, based on the 3 month supply, which I guess would be 91 days. So that is $238 for 300mL of some pretty strong stuff, plus you need to get a prescription.

Check my math:
http://www.samsontherapeutics.com/produ ... isons.html

If I buy it, I'd put 0.5mL above my left ear, and put 0.5mL on my right upper temple to see if it regrows anything on smooth bald hair. With 300mL, that would last me 10 months, and be $24 per month. Plus prescription would put me at maybe $30 per month. That is more than I'm used to spending, but if it fills in my side hair above my left ear, it could really make me look younger. Hell, I'd spread 0.5mL over my whole front, which would be easy as smooth as it is. It would be an easy before and after since I'm coming from slick smooth.

But, if I just do the ear and not the front, and use my piece for the front, that is $15 per month. I'd get 4 refills, for 40 month supply, and then not get any more till I use that up. Maybe I'd sell some to my brother, though he is so bald I don't know if he could come back or not. At least it would be easy for him to spread.

$300 is a big investment up front. But those ingredients are pretty impressive, especially the topical flutamide study that regrew more hair than propecia.

diffuse propecia

Established Member
Reaction score
obviously a medication aimed towards the more wealthy hair-loss combatants, but where else can you find topical flutamide+dutas that is not home made. I would use this if I was not on such a tight budget.

diffuse propecia

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I found the study, although it was performed on mice with grafted balding human scalp.
It is comparing topical finasteride. I thought the comparison was against oral, but it still is worth a try.

New topical antiandrogenic formulations can stimulate hair growth in human bald scalp grafted onto mice.
Sintov A, Serafimovich S, Gilhar A.

Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, The Institutes for Applied Research, PO Box 653, Beer-Sheva, Israel. asintov@bgumail.bgu.ac.il

The purpose of this study was to test the ability of topical formulations of finasteride and flutamide to re-enlarge hair follicles in male-pattern baldness. This was evaluated by an experimental model of human scalp skin graft transplanted onto SCID mice. A comparison was made between formulations containing finasteride and flutamide, and a vehicle formulation in terms of the mean hairs per graft, length, diameter of the shafts, and structures of the growth stages of the hair. Flutamide and finasteride had a significantly higher effect (P<0.05) than the placebo in all the tested parameters, but flutamide demonstrated more hair per graft and longer hair shafts than finasteride (P<0.05). The number of hairs per graft for flutamide and finasteride groups were 1.22+/-0. 47 and 0.88+/-0.95 hairs/0.5 mm2 graft, respectively, versus 0. 35+/-0.6 hairs/graft for vehicle-treated graft. Similarly, hair lengths for flutamide and finasteride were 5.82+/-0.50 and 4.50+/-0. 32 mm, respectively, versus 2.83+/-0.18 mm for the vehicle-treated grafts. An in vitro diffusion study of flutamide gel using hairless mouse skin demonstrated the beneficial effect of the vehicle composition in comparison with a hydroalcoholic solution or a gel containing no penetration enhancer. It is therefore suggested that this topical composition containing flutamide or finasteride may effectively result in regression of male-pattern baldness.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
money is not an issue for me. but I will still not use this. Flutamide in a topical could give unbearable side effects.

Right now I am taking dutasteride 0.5 mg and use xandrox 15+ which has finasteride. Perhaps if they give minoxidil with RU, I might try that.

CCS

Reaction score
I would actually perfer finasteride because it has a shorter half life and would therefore have more of a local effect, for those people worried about sides. Though since I'm currently taking oral finasteride, I might as well go with the dutasteride for variety to hedge my bets.

Petchsky

Reaction score
How useful would the topical dutasteride actually be? Is there actually any proof that it works topically? that was not tested on mice!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
MDF has been out for many months now and yet I have never read anyone rave about it on any forum.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ccs xandrox 15+ costs 93$ for 125 ml. so the cost difference may not be much. Xandrox 15+ is a solution and easy to apply (but leaves a sticky residue, so only useful for the PM).
I am not sure how the MDF is. Klein's promox might be the cleanest and the most cosmetic friendly combination available for minoxidil+finasteride. It is very expensive though

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
i imitate the mdf topical , sinds i live in belgium and they dont deliver outside the usa....

i take dutasteride
i have xandrox high minoxidil
and i add topical flutamide 2%

CCS

Reaction score
11andy11 said:
i can`t buy MDF without prescription?

got to have a prescription, from a real doctor. That is how you know it is real stuff. Not sure if it works, but the ingredients are not fake at least.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seems like a very good topical. I reckon you take this and a very small dose of internal finasteride(.20) and use Nizoral and you're sorted. Maybe add copper peptides from Tricomin or Folligen and use MSM + Silica.

Love to see someone try that.
:punk:

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm intrested 2...

i'm from belgium and sinds they dont deliver outside the US
i have no chanse in getting that topical

but i copy the topical :

use dutasteride 1 year now
flutamide 2%
xandrox 12,5%

my pictures of 1 year are in the dutasteride dosage topic, page 2

CCS

Reaction score
If I had a lot of baby hair on a NW6 head, I'd get some and put in on the left side of my scalp, and put lee's 15% on the other side. Or something like that.

I bet the minoxidil and flutamide will do something. dutasteride maybe as well. At least the dutasteride won't build up in your system.