Me And My Bros minoxidil-story, Help Appreciated!

hairlossrookie

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My brother (32) and I (29) both started Minoxidil 5% foam 2.5 years ago. We werent that well informed that time and never heard about Finasteride, but at least we were smart enough to go to a pharmacia and ordered Rogaine.

So we started the therapy and in a nutshell ... it was a blast. We both had immense regrowth after 2-3 month, we responed like sh*t and I was back to Norwoord 0-1 (from 2-3), before I had very shitty temples and the front was not that thick. We both were happy like sh*t. Then after 1.5 years we shedded everything, it felt like we quitted Rogaine.

We started to analyze the situation and we realized oh ye we might be minoxidil responders but the effect will fade away after some years. We BOTH added 1.25mg finasteride daily almost immediately after we realized this.

After 8-9 Month on finasteride AND rogaine, we were still shedding. We couldn't even stop the hairloss.
My brother kicked it and he accpeted the hairloss, hes married and he doesnt care that much. But for me it is like hell. I tried RU and skipped Finasteride for 6 month but he hairloss got even worse.

Now I am back on finasteride since 2 month (January, 2017) and have the worst norwood which I ever had.

Whats your opinion on this? Why does a combination of both not work better? Any Advice? i just dont get it.
My life is pretty much sh*t now, I would say I am Norwoord 3 now, temples are nearly gone and the front is very diffuse.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Did u ever got off minoxidil? it probably brought you back to baseline and where you would have been today if you were to never treat it. get back on min and keep taking the finasteride you should notice some improvement, especially considering you responded so well initially.