meath's story - (age 36, New to this advice needed)

meath

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am relatively new to hairloss as i am a guy of 36, recently seperated and balding.New to research but would appear to have diffuse thinning and slight receding..it is noticeable FAST and sudden.I need to do something quickly (stress??)..I would be very happy just to keep what I have.
There is a lot of info out there,just trying to wade through it.I am thinking about rogaine plus Proscar and correct shampoo.
If there is any Irish with suggestions it would be particularly welcome (regarding prescriptions etc)..
Suddeness of the whole thing is so strange to me but it is in the family...all suggestions welcome.

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: New to this advice needed

I'm a couple of years older than you , divorced fairy recently as well. My advice would be

- Start with Finasteride (up to you whether you get it via prescription (30 quid a month) or online. I buy a generic (about 4 quid a month). Generic works for me
- You can add rogaine into the mix later but I would recommend starting with finasteride first so you can see how you respond
- Use Nizoral shampoo 3 times a week

I have been taking finasteride for about 3 months and my crown has filled in a lot. I doubt I will ever use rogaine because to be honest I can't be arsed. Taking a pill once a day is much easier :)

Good luck dude and don't let hairloss or divorce get you down. I'm doing great now after suffering both