Mechie's story - (23 years old, Norwood 3 pics coming soon)

mechie

Reaction score
Well guys it has definitely been a roller coaster ride these past 9 or so months and I'd love to share my story. I first want

to thank everyone here for their indirect support over the past year. I think this is only my second post but I assure you I

frequent this board often. To start off I'm 23 years old, almost 24. I'm a NW3 with aggressive recession at the temples and

hairline along with diffuse thinning on the vertex. On my fathers side of the family everyone is either a NW5+ or on their

way. Mothers side- no hair loss.

I didn't really notice my hair loss until late 2006 which at the time freaked me out big

time. I was starting my 5th year in college and I basically became a recluse. Sat in my room with the door locked, played

video games, didn't go to class and stopped hanging out with my good friends all together. I was depressed as all hell

when I started finasteride in early February along with liquid min and nizoral every 2-3 days. Two or so months into my treatments I

switched to foam due to the fact the liquid was a pain in the arse to use. As soon as I used up the 3 pack of foam I

decided it would be best to give it up and stick with the finasteride. I religiously popped those finasteride pills every night hoping to

whatever god is out there that these treatments would work. Well I'm almost 9 months on finasteride and I must say it works

wonders. I can truthfully say that there were many times I thought it would be best to just give up the meds and accept

my fate.

Between months 0-2 I had no sheds what so ever, even with the min. Around month 3 I started to shed big time.

The shitty thing about my sheds is that I never saw them coming. I never actually saw excessive amounts of hair falling

out but I was definitely thinning out. From months 3-6 my hair texture was constantly changing, almost over night. I'd

have 1 good week, then the next was horrible. Since month 6ish my hair has dramatically thickened up. I still am going

through shedding periods, or what seem to be sheds, but every time my hair has improved. The one thing that is shitty

though, my hair line keeps receding. I guess I can deal with that as long as my temples fill in and my hair is nice and thick.

I'm excited to see what these next few months have in store.

Long story short, STICK WITH THE MEDS. You will shed and it will suck. But in the end it is worth it. Thanks for taking the

time to read my rant. Good luck. Ill try and post pics within a few weeks.

PS: I take Proscar cut into 4ths, sometimes 5ths if i'm running low. I get it from my pharmacy for about 32 dollars for a 3

months supply.

22goingon50

Reaction score
Re: Mechie's story- pics coming soon

Thanks for the post and congrats with the finasteride! I really know what you mean about your hair changing overnight. I just reached the 6th month mark with finasteride, and it does seem like my hair has changed on a weekly basis. Some weeks I think the meds are working and other weeks it looks like they haven't done anything. I haven't really noticed any improvements yet, or stabilization, but I'm at that point where things should turn around. Thanks for the post, very encouraging!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: Mechie's story - (pics coming soon)

:bravo: