Mega-Tek

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
There seems to be something in this going by the youtube vids. Any guys here incorporating this into their regimen and how are you using it (diluted, at night or in day etc.)?

Also, any reason why it is so popular among black women? I just wonder why it's so popular amongst that community but there seems to be nothing from women - or men for that matter - of other colours.

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
It is popular in the white FEMALE community also.

I use mega tek , but i use it sporadically so i cant really comment on its effectiveness. However i was consistent with it for a month in a half using it daily and it did make me look less like i was losing my hair. Like a thickening effect overall. It may work who knows. But at the time i thought that that it wouldnt do anything for hair count and nothing to stop male pattern baldness. But i may be wrong so i will try it again consistently until i see doctor cooley in january.

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd love to hear from a few more guys who're using this. I'd imagine there must be a fair number at least giving this a shot.

FWIW, I watched some youtube clips and some advice was that you have to dilute it, don't use it all the time, "too much protein can be bad for the hair"...so I think moderation is called for.

I still not sure if you leave it on overnight or use it as a conditioner after washing or what though.

zephyr31

Established Member
Reaction score
Iv been using it for 2 weeks now. the UK supplier of it is scary quick in posting. got it next day. Its obviously far too early to say if its working but ill keep you up to date.

My woman says she used to use it on Horses when she worked at a farm a while back, says it was to strenghen hoofs etc, said it worked really well.

When i mentioned it to her she did say, oh yeah, that may work on human hair and wanted me to order her some. I cant see why it wouldnt work in at least making your hair stronger as it has protein etc in it, the ingredients look good, not sure about regrowth though.

I use it 3 days a week as a conditioner, keeping it on for 10mins then washing out.

It smells of coconuts and i kucking hate them:).

Hoppi

Reaction score
I've actually been putting it on my hair diluted every night as well as Folligen spray, and leaving that combo on all night. Maybe that's too much though, I'll consider doing that every other day or something instead. Too early to really say much yet. When I went totally overkill with it it hurt my scalp, so yeah you gotta be careful! :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
joshua said:
Hoppi said:
I've actually been putting it on my hair diluted every night as well as Folligen spray, and leaving that combo on all night. Maybe that's too much though, I'll consider doing that every other day or something instead. Too early to really say much yet. When I went totally overkill with it it hurt my scalp, so yeah you gotta be careful! :)
It hurt your scalp? I find that kinda hard to believe; I use Mega-Tek daily as well, it's just a harmless conditioner.. how can that cause any pain? The Folligen spray can sting tough, maybe that's what you experienced? I have that sometimes as well. I remember using a dermaroller a while back and applying Folligen spray afterwards... the horror...

Anyway, it's good to see some guys with an open mind giving this stuff a try! My regimen is still working great. I don't visit the hairloss boards so much anymore. It's a relieve to finally not have hairloss on my mind constantly and to be able to fully focus on my career and other aspects of life.

Adios!

Amen to that! I hope I'm fully in that position asap! :)

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
joshua said:
Hoppi said:
It hurt your scalp? I find that kinda hard to believe; I use Mega-Tek daily as well, it's just a harmless conditioner.. how can that cause any pain? The Folligen spray can sting tough, maybe that's what you experienced? I have that sometimes as well. I remember using a dermaroller a while back and applying Folligen spray afterwards... the horror...

Anyway, it's good to see some guys with an open mind giving this stuff a try! My regimen is still working great. I don't visit the hairloss boards so much anymore. It's a relieve to finally not have hairloss on my mind constantly and to be able to fully focus on my career and other aspects of life.

Adios!

Post some damn pics of your hair.