Meler's Story ( 24/ BIG 3) small update

meler

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have started to lose my hair about 2.5 - 3 years ago, it became thinner and thinner, didn't pay much attention because I always had a buzz cut. My dads hair looks quite like mine :/
Now I'm 24 and I'm on BIG3 for 4 months, first propecia now finax(added xandrox5% over a month ago).

To be honest I don't see any sligthest results, you think I have a chance to restore my hair ?

I'd appreciate any advice.

Here's some pics.

[attachment=2:29q9frk9]start 26.08.09.jpg[/attachment:29q9frk9]

[attachment=0:29q9frk9]10.12.091111111111.jpg[/attachment:29q9frk9]
[attachment=1:29q9frk9]10.12.091111.jpg[/attachment:29q9frk9]

sorry for my english

Attachments

• start 26.08.09.jpg
    start 26.08.09.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 10.12.091111.jpg
    10.12.091111.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 264
  • 10.12.091111111111.jpg
    10.12.091111111111.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 220

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Re: Meler's Story ( 24/ BIG 3)

considering your condition dutasteride may be more beneficial than finasteride

rotsen182

Reaction score

u just need to keep trying be patience and wait for another 4 months..

meler

Reaction score

lets hope so ! I got finax for the next 4 months ;)

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

if u got the $ i'd stick with Merck's genuine finasteride instead playing russian roulette with the online generics.

diffusers like you usually see great results on finasteride, good luck!

jay1987

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure the generic finasteride will have the same ingredients in compared to proscar. When a drug is first released a company gives it a name i.e. proscar and after the patent expires any company can produce the drug for a cheaper price. Unless anyone has heard different?

dude, i think you've got a great chance. But I reckon it will take time. Your hair looks good now and you've caught it with the finasteride. You may see some shedding but I think, with time, you'll see improvements.

You takin 1 mg tabs or cutting 5 mg tabs?

how you feelin about it now?

meler

Reaction score

jay1987 said:
I'm pretty sure the generic finasteride will have the same ingredients in compared to proscar. When a drug is first released a company gives it a name i.e. proscar and after the patent expires any company can produce the drug for a cheaper price. Unless anyone has heard different?

dude, i think you've got a great chance. But I reckon it will take time. Your hair looks good now and you've caught it with the finasteride. You may see some shedding but I think, with time, you'll see improvements.

You takin 1 mg tabs or cutting 5 mg tabs?

how you feelin about it now?

I was on Propecia for 3 months, then finax and today I have bought Proscar in my local pharmacy - 56 pills for 30$ hehe. Think I'm gonna cut them in 4 pieces.

So far im feeling ok, except some libido decreasement :p

cheers

qball

Reaction score

I'm no psychic, but I have a feeling that you will do very well. Please keep us posted with pictures in the future. Good luck!

meler

Reaction score

It's been 4 months on BIG3 and to be honest I think im going to drop it, I'm feeling really sh*t.

Since im taking 1.25mg Proscar the side effects are really kicking in and I don't see any slightest improvement except that my hair doesn't fall out :(

here's some pictures

Attachments

• IMG_1488.jpg
    IMG_1488.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1484.jpg
    IMG_1484.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1473.jpg
    IMG_1473.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 188

bunchies

Reaction score
from what ive read on this forum is to keep up youre regimen atleast for a year .

It's only been 4 months and ofcourse u wont notice much diffirence .

btw if u have sides at 1.25mb maybe try 0.5mb , allot of people do that since its just as effective and u get less sides and it's cheaper .

good luck .

no generics

Reaction score
I was on Proscar(1.25/day) for more than a year and never experienced a shed cycle. I switched to a Mexican version that was only sold at one chain pharmacy which was approximately half the cost. I started losing hair about two to three months after the change. I switched back to Merck and within a month the hair loss stopped.

I do not recommend generics that are not sold in the US or are regulated by the FDA.

meler

Reaction score
I'm not using genercis anymore and im not sheding since I started finasteride. When I started Proscar my libido dropped very low and I'm experiencing some brain fog. Nothing more. I was on Propecia for 3 months and I was weeling fine , finax only for a week.

cheers

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
4 months is nothing, especially with that much loss. you need to give it 12 months of taking it daily, period. if you can't stand the sides that's different, but don't give it up because you haven't seen results in 4 mos.

rotsen182

Reaction score
hi meler i have just seen your post.. silly me

ssems that you are going tru some shedding , moderate maybe, same happened to me 3 weeks ago , lost lots of hair now i switched to generic finasteride 5mg cut in 4 pieces and im feeling some brain fog didnt noticed that because xmas and new year thought that was due to alcohol .

keep posting

dont give up

cheers

meler

Reaction score
22th week update

The side effects ain't that nasty and Im feeling a bit better now don't know why (maybe its about women, :dunno: ) hehe.
Anyways my hair feels a tiny bit stronger even before the buzz cut if you compare it to the last photos. What you guys think ?

here's some pics

2/5mm cut

[attachment=1:1ui7z37n]IMG_1543.jpg[/attachment:1ui7z37n]
[attachment=0:1ui7z37n]IMG_1552.jpg[/attachment:1ui7z37n]

cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1543.jpg
    IMG_1543.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1552.jpg
    IMG_1552.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 194

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It sure does look a whole lot better than when you first started it.Yes I agree it does seem to have become stronger than before.I would say :bravo: and keep it going partner.

meler

Reaction score

Hello again guys

33th week update

for some time there was a minor improvement, but now im shedding like crazy, especially on the top

you guys think this shed is normal?
Im thinking about shaving my head now :(

[attachment=0:3320zm1h]IMG_1629.jpg[/attachment:3320zm1h]
[attachment=1:3320zm1h]IMG_1605.jpg[/attachment:3320zm1h]

Attachments

• IMG_1629.jpg
    IMG_1629.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1605.jpg
    IMG_1605.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 187