MEMBER012's story (Here is a story for you FTM and back)

MEMBER012

Reaction score
I have a real dilemma, and an interesting story.

I was transitioning from female to male. Medicaly I had to stop my transition. I was taking testosterone for 10 months and realized the extent of my hair loss. I have curly hair and it was easy to miss. I have a receding hairline. I am now back on estrogen and hair has thankfully gotten fluffier and hides some of the damage. The amount lost is okay for a guy buy not for a woman.

I had a consultation with Dr. Niedbalski in Bellevue, WA for a hair transplant. My hairloss is very recent. They suggested 800-1000 units to fill in the widows peaks, top in front to thicken and the temples. He also suggested I used Rogaine to get it to grow back in. He also suggested that with my hormone manipulation there is a slight chance that it could be perminate, but I am likely in it for the long term.

I have been using it for about 3 weeks and I have started peach fuzz at my temples. I don’t know if I want to stay on this all my life. I am torn between surgery with in Vancouver. What is better, constant hair maintenance and fear that it’s going to fall out, or a hair transplant and back normal?

Any thoughts?

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Here is a story for you FTM and back

MEMBER012 said:
I have a real dilemma, and an interesting story.

I was transitioning from female to male. Medicaly I had to stop my transition. I was taking testosterone for 10 months and realized the extent of my hair loss. I have curly hair and it was easy to miss. I have a receding hairline. I am now back on estrogen and hair has thankfully gotten fluffier and hides some of the damage. The amount lost is okay for a guy buy not for a woman.

I had a consultation with Dr. Niedbalski in Bellevue, WA for a hair transplant. My hairloss is very recent. They suggested 800-1000 units to fill in the widows peaks, top in front to thicken and the temples. He also suggested I used Rogaine to get it to grow back in. He also suggested that with my hormone manipulation there is a slight chance that it could be perminate, but I am likely in it for the long term.

I have been using it for about 3 weeks and I have started peach fuzz at my temples. I don’t know if I want to stay on this all my life. I am torn between surgery with in Vancouver. What is better, constant hair maintenance and fear that it’s going to fall out, or a hair transplant and back normal?

Any thoughts?

Since you are a female, and from this post, I come to the conclusion that you hold off on the transition and remain one, I would suggest a hair transplant.

MEMBER012

Reaction score
That is the direction I am leaning myself. Everyone I talk to about is frightened of the hair transplant. Thanks for the reply.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
You asked for your own hair loss no offense.

MEANSTREET

Reaction score
stop being a c*unt ragin and help her out. i think if i was you id for the transplant cause its permanent. u kno once its done its done

RaginDemon

Reaction score
MEANSTREET said:
stop being a c*unt ragin and help her out. i think if i was you id for the transplant cause its permanent. u kno once its done its done

Sry I just have no pity for peope who caused their own problems from the first place.

It goes the same for people who took roid and lost all their hair.