Menace's Story - (23 / Norwood 2.5)

menace

Reaction score
ok... so i'm 23... started losing my hairline pretty good right around freshman year of college. i watched it go back and back until the end of junior year (june 2005) when i tried some natural stuff like pumpkin see oil, borage oil, citrulline, etc. that stuff really didnt do a damn thing and was a waste of money and time.

so i started rogaine (july 2005,) and that helped alot. the foam had just come out, so that helped me recover some at the front. but overall, hairline still wasnt that hot.

this past september, i said screw it, lets try the finasteride. ordered finpecia from united pharmacies, and started taking .5mg a day.

the results were incredible. hair almost immediately stopped falling out, and i noticed an overall thickening, and i was immensely pleased.

however, with the good came the bad, and within a few weeks i found myself with significant sexual sides that i began to experience with my gf. it mostly consisted of being able to get hard, and stay hard. it was really troubling, and very frustrating. and although my gf insisted that she didnt mind, i certainly did.

so i finally had enough, and after 2.5 months of the finasteride, i stopped. its been about 3 weeks now, and the good news is the sides seem to be gone. however, the shedding of the hair has also returned.

finasteride is great stuff for the hair, no doubt... but for me it just wasnt worth the sacrifice i made in other departments. i may pick the stuff up again someday, and maybe give it a shot at lower dosages ie .25mg/day, or every other day... whatever the case. i'm still on the rogaine foam, and nizoral shampoo, so hopefully they can help me as best they can.

anyways thanks for reading.

jamesfinch

Reaction score
Re: menace's story - (age 23, nw2.5)

I too had sexual sides from finasteride......
Not too bad.......... just trouble getting it up sometimes. but after about 2-3 months it passed and i'm back to my usual horny self. I've been on finasteride for a year now and i only ever get problems occasionally when i'm drunk (i didnt used to have problems with drink and erections), this i can certainly deal with. if you do try it again maybe wait a little longer to see if things get back to normal, your body just needs time to adapt to changing hormone levels. Use a smaller dose while you are getting going and then slowly increase it over months to the desired amount.
might be worth a go....

good luck

menace

Reaction score
Re: menace's story - (age 23, nw2.5)

thanks for the words man. i just may take your advice in the near future...