men's choice as a thickening agent

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
I decided to give men's choice a try to see if it would give the apperance of thicker hair. I had previously tried to cover-up my hairloss my shaving my head. It had consequences of disastrous proportions, and I looked 10x balder than I did before. Anyway, I let my hair grow for a month and tried dying it. Here are the results:

Before:
http://server3.uploadit.org/files/smudge-IMGP0154.JPG

After:
http://server2.uploadit.org/files/smudge-IMGP0155.JPG

I think it helped a little. As you can see I got the color wrong, and went a little too dark. You'll probably get better results using a concelear, but I won't use those since I can only imagine the embarrissing situations that would result upon discovery.

G

Jesus you ain't got anything to worry about pal!

The finasteride will sort that 1% loss of density on your crown.

I bet those photos were taken in strong lighting, it's inevitable and natural that some scalp can be seen when light shines on your head.

This is why some people panic when they do the old two-mirror trick to look at their crown.

If you are in a bathroom or a room with overhead lighting and you look in a mirror whilst holding another one over your crown, you will be directing light off the mirror onto your crown making it look worse to you than it is.

If that's the only male pattern baldness you have, I would take the finasteride and leave this site for a good six months and come back when you have regained your 1% density!

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my hair doesn't look too bad in the before pic which is strange since I had the flash on. I have to figure out a consistent way to take pics since I see a huge variation in the quality of my hair depending on the photo.

I'm on month 5 of the big 3, I haven't really noticed anything yet, other than sheds. Hopefully, I'll at least maintain.

G

smudge said:
Yeah, my hair doesn't look too bad in the before pic which is strange since I had the flash on. I have to figure out a consistent way to take pics since I see a huge variation in the quality of my hair depending on the photo.

I'm on month 5 of the big 3, I haven't really noticed anything yet, other than sheds. Hopefully, I'll at least maintain.

I think you'll be fine dude.

you may also have your mind play tricks on you when examining your hair - i sometimes think mine looks so bad i get tears in my eyes and feel sick.

But sometimes it looks OK, but my problem is frontal rather than crown so i see it in the mirror everytime.