Pixman

Reaction score
Hello folks,
Right away: Will not provide photos, I want to see it after a year for myself and other people shall judge me in my family and my other friends and/or colleagues. Also, I don't have any digital camera wtih a good quality to see a good difference and good lighting.

I always wore my hair long (back/hip length), so you didn't see that the hair was thinning on my fore- and backhead.
In the last few years (I'm 26 soon), I saw, that the hair was thinning. So I cut my hair short. It's absolutely not my type of hairdo, so it would be a great loss if I lose all my hair in the middle. It actually looks great with 3-4cm and a little gel.

I am by the way blond and my family (my mother's side) has thin hair, but the men had thick and well-distributed hair into their 70s and 80s.
Father's side, nearly everyone is kind of bald.

My father is bald and it started fairly fast in his twenties, too.
Since I still have well distributed hair, I'm faily positive, that I can save my hair and regrow it even, too! This could boost my psyche massively!!
So I thought I start as soon as possible.

I got very heavy depressions (not depressive, but depressive states) because of my hair loss and the outlook, that I soon could have a bald patch on my head :(
My hair was always falling out in very small baby steps, but it stays away and I have heavy depressions because of the hair loss an cant cope other than with a hat. PSychiatrics don't help a bit, they even made it worse.
I'm currently using it for over 45 day (about 1.6-7 months) (see my medication in the signature). The Minoxidil 5% solution seems to work very good on me. The shedding started and new hair is already growing. The new short hair (0.5 to 1cm), seems thicker and tighter than the before.
I would say, the effects are attributable to Minoxidil, not Finasterid, because it takes much long to work.
And I'm shedding quite well; not too much but also different than before.

I'm having great hope with my current medication. I hope Finasterid kicks in in a few months. I'm taking the it everyday at arond the same time and in the same dosage. Both medications.

2x times a day the Minoxidil directly after the shower (after I dried my hair comletely and combed it, so the old cells of the scalp are gone and more of the active ingredient should be taken better by my scalp).

I shower 2 to 3 times a day. And I look, that I don't shower or get my head wet at least 4 hours aftrer I put Minoxidil it on my head. To the dosage again: Often 1.5ml per usage so I can use it on my whole fore- und backhead.

I never knew before, that there are such good and effective treatments for androgenetic hair loss syndrome, even the price is ok for testing. I don't expect any big results before a year has turned and I'll update in here .
From time to time, sometimes it may take longer... makes sense to me.

I'm also glad about other experiences and comparisons to my story. Or how I can optimize my usage of the medication!

So all the best to you hurting men and women out there.
Let's kick *** / scalp ;)

Have a nice one you're all welcome here to tell your story here to, or parts of your story if I am in a difficult situation of my treatment,

Thanks for your help! Telling the story made me feel better. And I think the psyche plays a big role in regrowth of the hair, or Hair Loss in general.
Michael

Last edited: