Miconazole Nitrate

helpwithhair

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of talk of Miconazole Nitrate at the moment on the various hairloss websites.

Is this something to be trusted or will it make my hair fall out even quicker?

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont no i was thinking of going to the stor and picking up a tube and trying it in a small area

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on it for three months, once a day at my hairline. I think it's too soon to tell if it's doing anything but I'm not noticing any negative effects.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
theres alot of hype over it at the moment, but i don't think anyones used it for long enough to see any results even if it does work, furthermore the people that are trying it all seem to be on 'the big 3', as well, which makes detecting results hard.

i was thinking though, maybe some dude made a bet with his friends that he could get a bunch of balding guys to rub vagina cream into their heads every day. Wouldn't that be funny!

lets just wait a bit longer until we get some real proof of how good or bad it is.

personally i don't see why it should be any better than ketoconazole (nizoral)
unless keto wasn't totally effective at killing fungi, and miconazole is, through some different mechanism, but then that would mean male pattern baldness is predominantly related to a fungal infection.

DarkDays

Reaction score
Anxious1: The thing is, this mico thing started on women's hair forums, African-American I think. They were using different stuff to see if they could get longer hair and one girl somehow stumbled upon Miconazole Nitrate and other girls started following suit and from there it started to spread out. It had circled female hair care forums for some time before it came to balding forums if I recall correctly.

A lot of girls have good things to say about it, but it might just be like keto, ie. it increases growth, but may not inhibit the miniaturizing effect of the follicle.

The thing that might be causing it to be better than keto(for some) could be the nitrate and not necessarily the miconazole. Some people have already said that nitrate can cause cancer which means it does in some way affect cellular growth and maybe it is increasing cellular growth in the hair follicle.

letitgetme

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_20110131_094956.jpg
    IMG_20110131_094956.jpg
    877 KB · Views: 1,782
  • IMG_20110301_091014.jpg
    IMG_20110301_091014.jpg
    740.3 KB · Views: 605
  • IMG_20110317_115237.jpg
    IMG_20110317_115237.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_20110317_113846.jpg
    IMG_20110317_113846.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_20110317_113822.jpg
    IMG_20110317_113822.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 766
  • IMG_20110325_091425.jpg
    IMG_20110325_091425.jpg
    836.1 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_20110325_091336.jpg
    IMG_20110325_091336.jpg
    620.9 KB · Views: 967

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Impossible to tell anything with the completely different lighting in those two pictures.

Jkkezh

Established Member
Reaction score
letitgetme said:
Fat-Elvis said:
letitgetme said:
Miconazole rules :punk:
any real results to report?

i think is real:D
:woot:

Can you post a picture with the same lighting conditions as in the 'before shot'

How long have you been using Miconazole? How much do you apply, and what brand do you use?

Jkkezh

Established Member
Reaction score
Fat-Elvis said:
What is this about nitrate possibly causing cancer?

Wouldn't worry about it much. I think this concern is mainly related to sodium nitrate when used as a food additive, possibly forming harmful substances in the stomach after ingestion.

boyberm

Reaction score
I'm quite sure that miconazole is working well for my hairline. I use at the right side of hairline , next 2 weeks there are a new terminal sprout from my scalp. I know that they're new hair because the appearance is tapered end.

PS. Sry for my bad english.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi men,
Not to be a downer but I do have my concerns about Nitrates. I have read numerous articles about how bad nitrates are for the thyroid. Yes, im sure when people write their articles they are referring to the Nitrates found in processed foods however is this any different than applying nitrates to the scalp? Please don't tell me its ok because it is a topical....we already know many people get headaches from it so im SURE it goes sytemic. Just spend a few minutes googleing nitrates and thyroid or cancer and im sure there will be several key kits. Yes, im dissapointed as well.

letitgetme

Reaction score
pictures posted. :)
And i must add that my hair coulor changed a bit. Since last mini shed its growing alot darker.

what

Established Member
Reaction score
Started miconazole once a day applications 5 weeks ago (approx 08Feb). To date i haven't noticed any results. I'll stick with it for another 2 months or so and re-evaluate at that time. Hopefully, i'll get some benefits from it, but, as of now it doesn't look promising.

Jacob

Reaction score
On the warnings...is there anything on the packaging/literature that says not to use it(for it's intended purpose) for longer than __ days?

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
The responses you get with simple questions :shock:

Of course it has that warning. I'd guess nizorel cream does as well.
Doesn't seem to deter people!