Microneedling Without Drugs: Get Good Results?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint but i haven't heard good things about dermarollling alone for regrowth or even maintenance, it's best used in conjunction with minoxidil and finasteride/dutasteride(if you can tolerate them)

h14r_

My Regimen
Reaction score
thank`s for your opinion.
Now, If found some, who only dermarolled with good results.

I`m afraid of minoxidil.
Guess I try 3 months without, and if it`s not working I add minoxidil.
But then I have to take it till end of my life, what is probably very unhealthy.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint but i haven't heard good things about dermarollling alone for regrowth or even maintenance, it's best used in conjunction with minoxidil and finasteride/dutasteride(if you can tolerate them)

What about finasteride alone with a roller or do you need to use a topical?

Jables

My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a study that showed microneedling alone was more effective than minoxidil alone, but less effective than both together. I can't attest to the quality of the study. Since microneedling is probably the safest hair loss treatment there is it can't hurt to try.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
If heard rolling without minoxidil is beneficial however it wasnt so in my experience.

INT

Reaction score
There was a study that showed microneedling alone was more effective than minoxidil alone, but less effective than both together. I can't attest to the quality of the study. Since microneedling is probably the safest hair loss treatment there is it can't hurt to try.

Can you post this study?

Jables

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you post this study?

I wish I could I find it myself. I know for a fact it exists, but it was posted in some Japanese publication (I believe), which makes it very hard to track down.

gn1251

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you post this study?

I wish I could I find it myself. I know for a fact it exists, but it was posted in some Japanese publication (I believe), which makes it very hard to track down.

I believe this is the study with the 3 groups: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29028377

The results are (increase in hair density):

Group 1 (only minoxidil): 18.8cm²
Group 2 (only microneedling): 23.4cm²
Group 3 (minoxidil+microneedling): 38.3cm²

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling reduces fibrosis and would make existing hair thicker. I had been using minoxidil but then I stopped it 2 month ago.I still doing microneedling and I have some growth near temples. It could have been needling alone that made this to happen.