Mike's Story - ( 42/ 12 Year PICS. Some may remember me... )

mikey2711

Reaction score
Hey guys! Its been a long time since I've been in the hairloss forums. I go way back to 1998. I was active in the newsgroups back in the day, etc. Some may remember my pics, I was one of the first guys on the web to maintain a pic update page. I have always been religious with my regimine and maintained my web site but just simply haven't been active in any forums for a number of years now. In February of 1998 I started Propecia and 5% Rogaine. My results were nothing short of amazing! Over the years I've moved onto cutting Fincar into 4ths and from the original Rogaine to Rogaine Foam to now 15% Minoxidil with 5% Azelaic Acid. After a few years you realize that the effectiveness of these meds begins to wane and changes need to be made. My web site includes pics from February 1998 up until my last pic taken in May of this year. In October I switched to the higher concentration minoxidil and added Nizoral. I don't plan on taking any update pics for at least another 3 months or so, but I expect to see some positive results as this new regimine has caused some shedding, which is a great sign! I began to lose my hair at the age of 17 and I started my regimine at age 29. I'm now 42 and there is no question I would be completely bald by now and probably would have been by my mid 30's... I'm a complete believer in these meds. Well, that's me in a nutshell.

Mike

Petchsky

Reaction score
Hey Mikey,

I remember your pics. You've done well over the last 12 years, thabnks for coming back and updating your pictures.

Trahoho

Reaction score
Mikey, your first pic is not very clear and I want to know if your current condition is better than when you started your regimen 12 years ago ?

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Above baseline after 12 year even when you started long up on the Norwood three :) Not bad

mikey2711

Reaction score
Trahoho said:
Mikey, your first pic is not very clear and I want to know if your current condition is better than when you started your regimen 12 years ago ?

Yes! Absolutely better than when I started 12 years ago. I had a surge of regrowth and even though the overall hair count is less than my best progress over the years, I am way ahead of baseline.

mikey2711

Reaction score
MrBastard said:
Above baseline after 12 year even when you started long up on the Norwood three :) Not bad

Yep! I have a picture of me at a funeral from 1995. Wow, I had way less hair 15 years ago...