Miklopolis' Story (w/pics, just starting)

miklopolis

Reaction score
Thanks for looking,

Just this summer really noticed that I was losing my hair when a barber made a comment which was later confirmed in several photos taken of me at a friends wedding. I have always had a big head and forehead and wore my hair in a way that I didn't notice my receding hairline and temples. Earlier this spring a long time girlfriend and I broke up and I have been on a self-improvement kick. I've been eating better, exercising and trying to feel more attractive. In the process of course I noticed I was going bald and haven't been too excited at the prospects. I am now 29 year old but feel a lot younger. I've always been sort of shy so every bit of confidence I can gain goes a long way. I'm tempted to buzz my head but afraid my blonde hair cut short will make me look worse and I have never had short short hair.

I visited a dermatologist yesterday (8/31/10) who said that I have quite a bit of hair still and recommended that I try Rogaine. After reading many posts here and at other sites I am leaning towards Propecia instead since I am OK with my hair the way it is now, but would prefer to keep as much as I can. I do plan on taking action in some form and will post my progress here. This link is how I look today, having tried nothing.

http://picasaweb.google.com/1111487...keSHairLoss9110?authkey=Gv1sRgCIqout7C0IXDOQ#

If anyone has advice on what I should try first (Rogaine or Propecia) please let me know!

Thanks!
Mike

mike_b

Reaction score
Crown/top looks good, lots of thick hair. The frontal M pattern looks like it suits you. I started today with finasteride - I think that's the most common suggestion for maintaining. I'm too nervous about the Rogaine shed - I'll only hit that sh*t up if finasteride isn't doing anything by 8-12 months or so.

I shaved my head to see how bald I was and didn't like it. Do not recommend. Your hair looks really good.

miklopolis

Reaction score
Update 9/8/10 - First pill of Propecia

9/8/10 - Jut took my first Propecia pill today. Nervous but happy I'm doing something about it. Going to wait to see if Propeica alone works before adding Rogaine. Going to try and update when I notice any changes.