Millerl10's Story

millerl10

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well after years of stupidly putting it off here I am :) I am 31 and have had thinning hair for some time, I didn't really notice it until 2 years ago when I saw a picture of the top/back of my head.. From what I can gather I am a NW6 though not there yet ( If someone could confirm that would be good ) and it is now really taking hold and effecting me.

My primary goal is to halt the hairloss and if at all possible get some regrow which would be a bonus. I have ordered some Rogaine but that was before I came here and read about all the options.. Clearly I need to take propecia although the side effects are a concern and was wondering if Revivogen was worthwhile for me.

I have considered a transplant but wasn't sure if that was a good idea without trying a regime first.

Any advice / positive thoughts would be welcome that may assist me in starting..

Attachments

• p_1286605251820.jpg
    p_1286605251820.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 190

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Intro and Advice

That looks like the start of some severe diffuse thinning bro.My suggestion would be to act now and jump on the big3wagon before considering a hair transplant[finasteride and MIN are a must].I think you could be a decent responder to Minoxidil and those areas might fill in if you use it religiously.Finasteride would make sure that it stays that way for a long time....Dont worry too much about the sides,only a small minority experience them and quite often they disappear when you stop the treatment.Start with a mild dosage like 0.25mg/day,see how you respond and work your way up from there.

millerl10

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.. I have the Foam and am getting a presription for finasteride tomorrow shame I didn't do this a few years ago. :dunno:

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
If you respond well to both you might get a lot of coverage back, maybe most of it.

Always better to start early.

millerl10

Reaction score
Thanks guys

I am away with finasteride, Min and Nizoral will check again in 3 - 4 months and see if there is any difference.

Thanks for the positive thoughts..

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
millerl10 said:
Thanks guys

I am away with finasteride, Min and Nizoral will check again in 3 - 4 months and see if there is any difference.

Thanks for the positive thoughts..

Usually it takes that long for the very minimum of success. Try to keep it up for at least 6-8 months.

I bet you'll see a difference.

millerl10

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

A couple of questions if I may.

I have been on my regime of finasteride, Rogaine and Nizoral for over a month now. Everything seemed to be going good until a week ago when I started having pain in my testicals, I also notice watery semen. This scard the crap out of me ( not afriad to admit ) I kind of thought i was going to get away with out any sides after a month of finasteride. I put up with it for 3 days then stopped taking the tablet and those problems appear to be gone now.

My questions are..

1. Did I give up too soon ? Should I have stuck with it for a couple of weeks to see if my body would accept it ?

2. Should I jump back on and give it more than a month before making judgement, I guess I wanted to see if the sides would go when I stopped and the answer appears yes..

Strangely enough in that month I felt my hair seemed healthier, clearly no differnece but it feels like it isn't as thin as it was so I am confident that this programme will give me results I guess I am looking for some advice on my sides.

Thanks

millerl10

Reaction score
Thanks mate,

I thought I was too hasty in dropping it I guess I freaked because everything was fine for a month, I will take the advice and get back on if the sides re-appear I will give them a couple of weeks before making a decision rather than 3 days :p

millerl10

Reaction score
Thanks mate, I guess my real reasoning for stopping was to 'see' if things would go back to normal, jsut a bit of piece of mind I guess. I have started back up again.

Thanks for the advice :)

millerl10

Reaction score
So i have been back on for2 days and the old ball ache is back! I am goign to persevere for a couple of weeks after which time I hope it subsides..

mashang

Established Member
Reaction score
hey, i also got the odd nut ache on starting finasteride, but it subsided after a few weeks, the more you think about it the more you are likely to notice it,
trust me