Miniaturized Hair or "Body Hair"

Xphilos

Reaction score
My hair has receded noticeably at the temples and I'm now at the point where I want to do something about it, if I can. I've read some things about how hair becomes miniaturized over time because of the effects of DHT, and how the follicle can eventually atrophy and no longer produce a hair.

If I look really closely at the bald area at my temples, and even further to the front of my head, I can see very fine colorless hairs that I would describe as "body hair" if I found it growing on my shoulder, for example.

So, do people have two types of hair growing on their head ... "head hair" and "body hair"?

If so, then what I'm seeing is probably the body hair that grows on your head which has now been exposed because my head hair in those areas has atrophied.

Or am I seeing miniaturized "head hair"?

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
What your seeing is miniaturized hair follicles which have gradually lost density and pigmentation making them appear as thin, colorless, vellus hairs.

Xphilos

Reaction score
in a way, i guess that's good news!

as i understand it, if the follicles are still producing hairs even though they are miniaturized, i have a better chance at getting them to grow normally.

Axon

Reaction score
Xphilos said:
in a way, i guess that's good news!

as i understand it, if the follicles are still producing hairs even though they are miniaturized, i have a better chance at getting them to grow normally.

Correct. I have regrown those hairs to cosmetic normalcy.

Deaner

Reaction score
What's the chance that you'll find these hairs growing amongst the rest of the hair on your head? The only place I've seen these hairs is now on my hairline, but do these sort of hairs grow in amongst the rest of your hair as well and they're just much harder to see because they're amongst a bunch of good hair?

Thanks

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
It sucks for me because I have "head hair" growing all over my body, and "body hair" all over my head.

Only my "head hair" isn't that thick and kinda spaced far apart, and my "body hair" is thicker, and closer together. The "body hair" on my head is thinning though, so I started checking out this website... :hairy: