minoxidil : 3 months and 12 days .

mite

Reaction score
Hello everybody !

I have been using minoxidil for 3 months and 12 days . I know that I will lose some hair in the first month . I went to doctor few months ago " before I start the treatment " and told me that I am between stage 3 and 4 .

In short , is it normal to start losing hair massively after 3 months of using minoxidil ? Especially that I stop losing in the second month .I have to admit that I missed few days , sometimes I apply it once a day .

When I should expect some noticeable results ?

Thanks !

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
6 to 12 months! Good luck!

mite

Reaction score
6 to 12 months! Good luck!

Thanks for replaying . and I have one more question that popped up on mind last night . Since you are using Nizoral 1% , do you recommend to use it and and be included in my regiment ?

rcom440

Reaction score
I highly recommend Nizoral, while using minoxidil, 3 times a week.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replaying . and I have one more question that popped up on mind last night . Since you are using Nizoral 1% , do you recommend to use it and and be included in my regiment ?

not a problem at all! yes you should try it, twice or three times a week.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on minoxidil foam 4 months now, not a single sign of progress. :( But no sheds either. I'll be starting the once-weekly dermarolling protocol soon and hope that gives me some results.

rcom440

Reaction score
Been on minoxidil foam 4 months now, not a single sign of progress. :( But no sheds either. I'll be starting the once-weekly dermarolling protocol soon and hope that gives me some results.

Make sure you get foam on the skin. Some of it may end up on your hair. If I were you I would wait a little bit longer and see what happens. Everyone is different. minoxidil may eventually kick in.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get foam on the skin. Some of it may end up on your hair. If I were you I would wait a little bit longer and see what happens. Everyone is different. minoxidil may eventually kick in.
Hope so! Seems to have done nowt so far, no growth but no sheds either.

The first three, four weeks I did a crap job of applying the foam, but I learnt a technique. I use latex gloves to limit the absorption into my hand/fingers, and carefully part my hair then apply evenly where the scalp is visible. Can't see (yet) how I can improve my applications, apart from buzzing my hair, which I really don't want to do TBH (the length hides the thinning and recession).

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rcom, you use spironolactone right?? can u help me a bit , m confused b/w spironolactone/revivogen. sorry to barge in like this. thnx!!

mite, talmoode has given you the right timeline and happy dermarolling :)

rcom440

Reaction score
rcom, you use spironolactone right?? can u help me a bit , m confused b/w spironolactone/revivogen. sorry to barge in like this. thnx!!

mite, talmoode has given you the right timeline and happy dermarolling :)

Sure,
I saw your other post.
I've never used Revivogen, some people say its working but there is also a whole bunch of people who say it does't. I read about Revivogen for many years. I read a lot of negative reviews.

I've been using spironolactone for around 4 years. Its working for me. I shed less hair when I started using spironolactone. It won't regrow your hair but it protect them from DHT and it will slow down progression of the hairloss a lot.

So if i were you I would go with spironolactone. Also add Nizoral to your regime.

mite

Reaction score
Thank you so much for interacting and sharing your experience :)

I decided to trim my hair so Minoxidl will be absorbed more . also I use Nizoral from 23/09/2013 Thrice a week . I will upload my pics soon .

- - - Updated - - -

And here the pics :-

Right temple

Left temple

macamaca

Banned
Reaction score
I highly recommend Nizoral, while using minoxidil, 3 times a week.

Yes I agree, however I like using RenegurePure... Contains no sodium salphate as well as 2% Keto. Personally I think it helps with the shedding greatly! :)

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sure,
I saw your other post.
I've never used Revivogen, some people say its working but there is also a whole bunch of people who say it does't. I read about Revivogen for many years. I read a lot of negative reviews.

I've been using spironolactone for around 4 years. Its working for me. I shed less hair when I started using spironolactone. It won't regrow your hair but it protect them from DHT and it will slow down progression of the hairloss a lot.

So if i were you I would go with spironolactone. Also add Nizoral to your regime.

Thanks rcom. . . . so how do you space the timing b/w minoxidil and spironolactone. yea m already using a 2% keto shampoo.

burning

Reaction score
If you use Nizoral 3x a week, should you still shampoo with something else on the other 4 days? Something without Sodium Lauryl Sulphate?