Minoxidil and the temple region

Reaction score
Minoxidil has been shown to be effective on the vertex.

I also know that it does not work in all people who try it.

But is there a possibility that minoxidil can hurt hair follicles in the temple region?

I've tried it on my temples for 7 months not because I really had recession, but because I really did not think it would hurt. I thought perhaps it might just make the hairline and temples nearly perfect if I used it.

However in these 7 months, it seems that my temples receded. How is this possible? It either works or it doesn't. It should not cause hairloss right?

My hairloss is limited primarily to the temple region now, when it used to be pretty much nonexistant before minoxidil. What are your opinions on the effectiveness of minoxidil at the temples?

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The hair loss at temple region is the hardest to fight. minoxidil has known and proven regrowth capabilities, but i have not heard many people who have had dramatic benefit on their temple region. I advise you to hang in there, keep using minoxidil, and compare at the 12 month mark.
Good luck man. :)

hate2shed

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil on temples a quite awhile and it maintains them pretty well so far..