Minoxidil and Vellus Hairs on Temples

Reaction score
I have been using minoxidil for a good 6 months on the temples, and after a pretty big shed (I lost about a centimeter of hairline, especially on the right temple), now I see a bunch of dark vellus hairs growing on my original hairline, like before I even had a hairloss problem.

This is great and all, but will these vellus hairs ever turn into terminal hairs? Will minoxidil do this to temple vellus hairs? Because the only way I can see these hairs clearly is if I am next to a mirror. Otherwise from far away, it is just a shadow.

Bismarck

Reaction score
Perhaps yes, perhaqps no. Some are unable to bring the vellus to terminal hairs. If these are the hairs that indiced the shedding I think you be able to bring them back to life with a good regimen.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Y&B,

There is a good chance that those hairs will become terminal. From my experience, however, you really have to still be patient. That initial sprouting always seems to happen quickly! However, you need more than just a few sprouts to improve a hairline.

Mine is improving. The 'sprout area' remains and is getting better, but the real improvement does not come from an all-over thickening of the sprouts, but instead from a hair-by-hair creeping of your hairline over the once-balding area. This has been my experience with it.