minoxidil for 14 Months - Now Adding finasteride - HERE WE GO!

hootinthenews

Reaction score
Howdy All,

I am taking the plunge with finasteride tomorrow morning and thought I'd share the progress and shamelessly seek encouragement here.

I've been using minoxidil for 14 months - the use of which encouraged me enough to take the plunge with finasteride.

Backstory: I'm 31 - been losing my hair slowly since an 'incident' shocked a considerable amount out when I was 18. Hairline receded quickly with the crown fading over the last 5 years.

Began using minoxidil in July of '12 and have been pleasantly surprised with the results. Previously the swirl was essentially gone and I used to be able to identify a true 'bald spot' (about the size of a fingertip) where no hair was growing on the crown - now there are hairs all over and no identifiable 'bald spot' as in where it feels like skin with no hair growing..

There has been enough regrowth in the crown that there is now total 'coverage' and although obviously not as thick as I'd prefer, the crown has improved substantially.

I've been using minoxidil all over now for close to a year and while I wouldn't say the hairline has improved I would claim that I have much thicker hair all over now. If I had to quantify this gain I'd say 25% more-dense feeling throughout.

Additionally, I did just go through a incredibly stressful break-up with a live-in girlfriend and experienced a bit of a shed of late - although I believe that has stabilized has time has passed. My crown probably looked much thicker 6 weeks ago. Being that I have light-colored hair this was the first time I had noticed a 'shed'.

My routine:

Finasteride (Generic 5mg quartered) - begin tomorrow!
Rogaine Minoxidil Foam (14 Months) - seems to be the richest lather and irritates my scalp the least compared to generics
RegenePure Dr & NT (1 Month) - every other day
S5 Cream (1 month) - at least once a day
Added 9/13/13: 1000mg of MSM and 5000MCG of Biotin each per day.

As for the photos - I'll try to post different angles, better photos, etc. as my scene allows for.

Thanks for reading!

Peace and Love bros.

Last edited by a moderator:

hootinthenews

Reaction score
So I'm 8 days in after having added finasteride to my routine. The first 4 days I took .625mg in the mornings to allow my body to adjust and I've been on 1.25mg the last 4 days. No negative side effects whatsoever aside from very intense morning erections. I know its early but libido and performance are fine - my main concerns going in.

Happy growing all! I'll post progress photos in a couple months.

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to hear finasteride has not done anything bad for you yet, at least. I've been on it for 12 days myself and going good, too. Will look back into this thread when you decide to update. Good luck brother.

hootinthenews

Reaction score
Yesterday I finally got some 'good' wet-head photos and was pretty shocked at the look of my hair. Felt momentarily bummed so today I went out and picked up some MSM and Biotin to add to the regimen.

Going with 1000mg of MSM and 5000MCG of Biotin each per day.

As an update I've been on the Regenepure and S5 for about 2 months and do think they are working, specifically the S5. My hairline has sprung to life with many many hairs growing along the border. This is in addition to the carpet of tiny white hairs that have been the only inhabitants of my temples for some time. Additionally, the corners of my hairline where once triangular (towards the crown) has squared off with legitimate new growth and I'm not talking just white hairs.

Anyway, I'm in this thing for the long haul and will try anything within reason to progress. I seem to be responding well to my new regimen and I look forward to posting the ****ty photos from yesterday next to some solid results.

Keep your heads up fellas. This life has always been all about what's going on between the ears and not what's above them. Unsolicited Advice: Find a way to get into yoga and learn to really control your breathing, eat way less animal products, smile at everyone you see, and be honest - this will get you where you want to be - hair is just an accessory and is neither the source nor sustenance of your mental state.

Peace and Love to All. Happy Growing!

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I finally got some 'good' wet-head photos and was pretty shocked at the look of my hair. Felt momentarily bummed so today I went out and picked up some MSM and Biotin to add to the regimen.

As an update I've been on the Regenepure and S5 for about 2 months and do think they are working, specifically the S5. My hairline has sprung to life with many many hairs growing along the border. This is in addition to the carpet of tiny white hairs that have been the only inhabitants of my temples for some time. Additionally, the corners of my hairline where once triangular (towards the crown) has squared off with legitimate new growth and I'm not talking just white hairs.

Anyway, I'm in this thing for the long haul and will try anything within reason to progress. I seem to be responding well to my new regimen and I look forward to posting the ****ty photos from yesterday next to some solid results.

Keep your heads up fellas. This life has always been all about what's going on between the ears and not what's above them. Unsolicited Advice: Find a way to get into yoga and learn to really control your breathing, eat way less animal products, smile at everyone you see, and be honest - this will get you where you want to be - hair is just an accessory and is neither the source nor sustenance of your mental state.

wow very insightful!

nir5280

Reaction score
i am using minoxidil for
7 month now . . i have a average result not so
bad. . now if i start to take finasteride with minoxidil. . is
it will happen a shed again

- - - Updated - - -

i am using minoxidil for
7 month now . . i have a average result not so
bad. . now if i start to take finasteride with minoxidil. . is
it will happen a shed again