minoxidil has eaten my hairline..stop or ride it out?

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can't be 100% positive but I'm pretty sure minoxidil foam has damaged my hairline a bit. I've been using it 1x a day for 4 months now, starting back in May.

Would it be worth it to continue or should I just drop it? Also, if I drop it is there any chance the minoxidil eaten hairs will grow back?

I'm pretty bummed about this, as either the minoxidil hasn't worked at all and my male pattern baldness is just progressing OR the minoxidil actually made me LOSE hair, which seems insanely unfair and messed up to be honest....

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, my regimen right now only consists of minoxidil once a day onto bald temples and very slightly into my hairline (where it has thinned).

So far it has regrown nothing and only caused me to lose more hair, and this is already 4 months into treatment.

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil should be used twice a day to get regrowth. I would wait a couple of months before quitting...

on_a_plain

Reaction score
my knowlegde about minoxidil that it can only regrow hair on the vertex area(top of of your head) or maybe you're experiencing rogaine shedding .
rogaine can not affect or change hairline i think.

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
I also use rogaine only on my hair line, once a day. I haven't had to much of an improvement, infact i've lost ground slightly and im on it 6 months. But there is a few things i remind myself why i am on the foam, it personally helps me keep a straight perspective.

1. I stareted using rogaine foam BECAUSE i was losing hair, if i contine to lose hair, its a natural process. note the foam.
2. People get varying repsonses, the hairline is the hardest area to improve.
3. Dont quit, not just yet, give it the full 12 months or at least to the end of your bottle.

As far as quitting the foam, you most likely will get some sort of a shed, albeit not that bad because you've only been on in 4 months. Id say stick with it pal.