minoxidil in the shower

CCS

Reaction score
If I pre-wash with baby shampoo, and then put minoxidil on my head in the shower, do you think I'll have trouble spreading it around? I'm going to try that. I'm not going to leave it in since that would cause too much absorption. But that 5 minutes could save me a minoxidil application.

I also wonder if NANO can get stuff into the follicle, how many detergents get down there too? The point of doing stuff in the shower is to get better absorption, but I'm thinking of less invasive shampoo first, and then a regular topical right after while in the shower. I wonder if NANO shampoo is any more penetrating than regular shampoo, though. I know I don't have much choice with the nizoral. I'm thinking on maybe half of my NANO days I'll do minoxidil instead after a 10 second baby shampoo with rose mary and tea tree oil pre-wash.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Just an idea, but I have used this to encourage quick absorption. I soak a towel in hot water for awhile, wring it out a bit and wrap it around my head like a turban until it cools off. I feel this opens the pores substantially enhancing absorption. You could try this, then use the minoxidil and subsequently wash it off a bit later in the shower. It seems to be a neater option than doing it all in the shower.

BTW, I do this to enhance absorption of Tea Tree Oil shampoo which I use just about everyday. I believe this can substitute for using it as a topical. Maybe it can work for minoxidil too.

Garm1

Reaction score
I think it's too dangerous to use minoxidil while bathing at least for me.

I won't risk getting it spread around and cause more body hair,
I already have enough of them.