minoxidil is messing my scalp up!!!!!!

ssjrexboi

Reaction score
like the title say's, minoxidil is messing my scalp up really horribly. i dont know what to do anymore. i want to keep using minoxidil, but my scalp just cant take it anymore. i have tried different brands of minoxidil, nizoral, tgel, and other shampoos + conditioners. i have tried rubbing lotion, and even vaseline on my scalp... but my scalp still is F$&#ed up. my scalp is always horribly itchy, and it takes shoalin concentration skills in order not to scratch. i have SERIOUS dandruff. it is so thick that my scalp appears to be covered in that coctail salt that you use for margaritas.

so, i decided to stop using minoxidil for about a week just to see how things would work out. well guess what, my scalp is back to normal again, healthy as ever. i want to get back on minoxidil, but i just can't take what it does to my scalp. any ideas on some good scalp treatments? like i said, the nizoral isn't working for sh*t. i have tried adjusting the frequency and it doesnt help.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some people find that using either Tricomin or Folligen (perhaps diluting Folligen, since it's stronger than Tricomin) helps with scalp irritation.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Also you could use Nizoral and T-Gel together and then use a conditioner to prevent the skin drying. I have just started using them both together and find that the T-Gel helps the Nizoral to lather up better.

Did you use a conditioner after using Nizoral before?

Hollywood

Reaction score
Itchy scalp

Yes I know what you mean with regards to minoxidil and itchy and dandruff flakes. The best approach I have used is this watch your hair more regularly like once a day. As well, use a good conditioner it helps remove the flakes. I use Nioxin shampoo cleanser and always the Niosin conditioner and it seems to reduce the amount of itching and dandruff.

When using the shampoo of your choice make sure to massage the area you apply the minoxidil for me its the front and side temperol areas. If I don't use the conditioner it takes the will of bending a spoon to scratch my hair like 10 times a day. Hope this info helps.