minoxidil qestion

G

If you use minoxidil on say just the temple area will it have any effect on the rest of your hair. I have read a few posts about this but I never got a str8 answer.

twmajors

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I've read on these posts - if you put it only on the temples it will absorb and be diffused throughout the rest of the scalp, buuut it really only affects the areas where you put it.
Meaning - the concentration that diffuses to the rest of the scalp will be too minimal to have an effect.
I could be wrong but that is my interpretation from what I've read here. Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
twmajors said:
From what I've read on these posts - if you put it only on the temples it will absorb and be diffused throughout the rest of the scalp, buuut it really only affects the areas where you put it.
Meaning - the concentration that diffuses to the rest of the scalp will be too minimal to have an effect.
I could be wrong but that is my interpretation from what I've read here. Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.
Thats precise

The Gardener

Reaction score
Well, that is fairly precise. From Dr Lee's writeup on Minoxidil, and from my own experience, it is true that minoxidil does have beneficial effects not only on the area where it is applied, but it does circulate a BIT under the skin.

Even though I have ONLY forehead balding, I always put a few drops in the crown for preventative purposes.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I will present evidence in the near future showing that topical minoxidil has MOST of its effect at the site of direct application, but there is also a lesser effect in the surrounding areas. So it works apparently by a two-fold mechanism: partly direct, partly systemic.

Bryan

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who is a physician but does not practice anymore. Hes into teaching medical students and he says minoxidil wont work if your temples are completely bald. minoxidil needs some hair. :cry:

G

all i want is to maintain

All I want to do is maintain not grow anything back.

I am thing 5% once aday