Minoxidil questions

sol

Reaction score
Hello,

I read that Dr. Lee said that taking Minoxidil 5% three times daily is the same thing as taking Minoxidil 15% one time. This might make sense.. but why does Roagine say that taking it more than twice a day is not effective?

Does anyone use it more than twice a day with good results?

Another questions I have is this.. I take Roagine 5% once a day now at night, because in the morning I use toppik and other concealers and if I use the Rogaine first it messes my hair up... and I cant seem to get up early enough to put it on and wait and then rinse my hair later...

So..

1. would it be ok to use Rogaine at say 5pm and then again at say 11pm? would these be too close and a waste of time?

2. If I do put it on in the morning at around 7am.. how long would i have to wait before I could wash my hair?

thanks!

Petchsky

Reaction score
Hey Sol.

Don't know about the Dr Lee thing. 1. the instryctions state you should apply minoxidil every 12 hours... so im not sure about just a 6 hour gap. I often only wait 8-10 hrs and this has not had any repercussions for me.

2. 4 hours is recommeded for full absorption.

Hope this helps

:p

bombscience

Reaction score
You might have misread. I think he states that 5% three times a day is not as effective as 15% once.

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
He, infact, clearly states three times application of 5% is not the same as 15% due to the 15% having much greater concentration than the 5%.

Bismarck

Reaction score
absmon said:
He, infact, clearly states three times application of 5% is not the same as 15% due to the 15% having much greater concentration than the 5%.

Why? It depends on the dose of the minoxidil applied. So 3x 1ml 5% are the same as 1x 1ml of 15% minoxidil.

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
It does not matter about the volume but the concentration. Anyway, I am more than satisfied with Kirkland 5% minoxidil.