Minoxidil Schedule

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
I changed my minoxidil schedule from 7AM and 5PM to 5PM and 9PM. At least now the majority of the day my hair looks and feels normal, instead of the way it gets after you put the minoxidil on. I now shower in the AM instead of in the PM.

Definitely a big improvement.

BTW, the tip on using the VIVE for Men shampoo/conditioner/thickener worked out well. It does give the hair more "body" and it just looks better.

G

Don't do it!!!

UpJohn say to leave at least 8 hours between applications, you might need to look into this a little more.

Ty (4pm + midnight)

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
I asked my hair transplant doctor this question and he said most of his patients use this schedule for the reasons I described. Pfizer, the manufacturer of Rogaine and Alpharma, the manufacturer of the generic minoxidil that I use do not specify an 8 hour interval between applications.

Before I changed to this schedule I was putting it on in the AM and again at about 5PM and then shampooing around 11PM so that 8 hours during the day the stuff wasn't on my head anyway. Under the new schedule, it stays on my head for a total of 14 hours per day.

My package insert clearly specifys that when applying the product at night to allow 2 - 4 hours for it to dry before going to bed to allow it to dry and prevent it from wiping off onto the bed linens and possibly getting it on your face. So a midnight application would not work.

Ideally it makes sense to space the applications at equal 12 hour intervals, but then you are condemned to a life of continuous minoxidil.

baller292

Reaction score
why are you putting it on 3 times/day?? it says putting on more than 2 times/day will not improve results and may increase side effects. And when i use minoxidil at night, along with my spironolactone, xandrox 12.5%, and amer crew copper peptide, after about an hour or hour and a half it's pretty dry, enough to sleep on.

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the drying time varies according the volume applied and the technique of application and the specific product used. If you spread it with your finger tips to flatten the puddles it dries much faster. If you use slightly less than or slightly more than 1ml it greatly affects the drying time.

baller292

Reaction score
i put the minoxidil on first (5% rogaine brand) with a dropper 1 mL spread all on top/front rubbing it in a bit, then the 12.5% in the front and rub that in, then wait like 15 min, put spironolactone cream on front, rub that in, wait another 15 or so, and put the amer crew on -- 6 sprays of that all over top/front, and rub that in a bit.........then in about 45 min go to bed, and it's usually pretty dry by then. The whole thing takes about an hour and a half and then sweet dreams. Been on this about 2 months, experienced a shed for a couple weeks recently, but it's starting to come in.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
OH sh*t.

if i ever go on minoxidil, which im sure i will at some point, il want to put it on in the morning after my shower, and when i go to bed at night. if i put it on at these times, i can style my hair only once during the day. but putting it on at any other time, like during the afternoon or evening, means styling again, drying again...ugh. for fucks sake!! when your hair gets really shitty and thin along the road, that minoxidil in the afternoon will just make your hair look so so so sh*t.

also what do you think on starting minoxidil with a 1x a day application at first? and then moving to 2x a day once the results start to do down later? then moving up strength, etc.