minoxidil shedding normal?

airic101

Reaction score
hey just wondering who else has used rogain? i have been on it just over 3 months, and about a week ago i started noticed alot of hair falling out when i'm in the shower scrubbing my scalp. I have grown alot of hair back. more than i have had in many year, but this shed is scaring me.... i know hair has cycles, and supposidly it sheds. what are the intervals of this cycle? and has anyone else had shedding while on minoxidil? and how long did it last? thanks gang. this forum has helped me ALOT!

cheers.

Tom1985

Established Member
Reaction score
It's completely normal but I'm afraid how long the cycles last really depends on the individual, their reaction to the MIN and the aggressiveness of their hair loss.

Stick it out for a while and it will most likely stop but if it gets worse try using 2% MIN or stopping altogether.

airic101

Reaction score
hey thanks! ya i've been really impressed with the amount of hair regrowth. i was extremely thin thin, borderline bald. now i have medium thickness in most places of my crown.

airic101

Reaction score
Tom1985 said:
It's completely normal but I'm afraid how long the cycles last really depends on the individual, their reaction to the MIN and the aggressiveness of their hair loss.

Stick it out for a while and it will most likely stop but if it gets worse try using 2% MIN or stopping altogether.

alright well its been prob 4 weeks of shedding. at least i don't think i shed before, i never noticed it anyway. but the last while i'll be in the shower and look at my hands and there are quite a few hairs on my fingers. morning shower and night shower. How long do sheds last? or am I screwed?