minoxidil/Shedding/Regrowth Questions

Tee1234

Reaction score
I want to get on some type of a growth stimulator and I know minoxidil is the surest thing but I don't want to jump on it right now.

I want to save minoxidil for maybe a year or 2 down the line. Truthfully, the thought of the sheds you guys talk about scares the hell out of me. I can't imagine how my hair would look if I were to lose 50-200 hairs a day in the shower/comb, etc....even knowing that it could grow back healthier. Mentally, it will be extremely difficult to deal with seeing that much hair loss.

Does EVERYONE shed? I know it's a sign that the minoxidil is working but are some people more prone to shedding than others? What about the severity of the sheds? Does the fact that I am on propecia help in any way?

On that note, do you guys recommend a more moderate growth stimulant? Retin-A? Can this work alone as a mild/moderate growth stimulator? Besides Propecia/nizoral, I also use Folligen and Nano Shampoo. I am not sure on how much I have re-grown. I feel like I have some new hairs along the left side of my hairline but the top point of my widows peak has thinned in the last 8 months or so. I will say that after starting the folligen/nano regularly, my hair fall out rate fell.

Thanks guys.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
All I am saying is I am VERY glad I got on minoxidil.