Minoxidil w/ topical Finasteride

e reed

Established Member
Reaction score
Has any one used something like this? It's expensive as hell, but finasteride worked for me when I took propecia but quit because of sides.

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
A single bottle of Minoxidil 5% 30ml contains about 1500 mg of Minoxidil. The normal oral dose is about 20mg/day. That means that per day, the topical dose is about 2.5 times higher than the oral dose. The point I'm making is 1. that we have no idea how much to put in the bottle, 2. even if you did, you would need to make sure it has a proper carrier in the solution, and can diffuse through the skin, and 3. I think that Minoxidil diffuses into skin adjacent to the application site, and stays in the skin for several days. In that case, you would also need to know if Finasteride behaves similarly when applied topically. Even then, who knows if topical Finasteride even gets into the part of the hair follicles where it makes a difference. Too many variables for me personally, but still probably a better shot than most of the snake-oil stuff they sell on the internet. My only question would be, if it works topically, why wouldn't the pharmaceutical company's try and reach that huge over-the-counter market? There are no clinical tests that I know of.

docj077

Reaction score
paximperia said:
A single bottle of Minoxidil 5% 30ml contains about 1500 mg of Minoxidil. The normal oral dose is about 20mg/day. That means that per day, the topical dose is about 2.5 times higher than the oral dose. The point I'm making is 1. that we have no idea how much to put in the bottle, 2. even if you did, you would need to make sure it has a proper carrier in the solution, and can diffuse through the skin, and 3. I think that Minoxidil diffuses into skin adjacent to the application site, and stays in the skin for several days. In that case, you would also need to know if Finasteride behaves similarly when applied topically. Even then, who knows if topical Finasteride even gets into the part of the hair follicles where it makes a difference. Too many variables for me personally, but still probably a better shot than most of the snake-oil stuff they sell on the internet. My only question would be, if it works topically, why wouldn't the pharmaceutical company's try and reach that huge over-the-counter market? There are no clinical tests that I know of.

Propecia goes systemic when applied topically in the correct carrier. The possible side effects are likely what prevent it from going OTC.

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
Rambo, I'm trying revivogen now and really hope it works but you sound like an advert for it.. is it really that good??

dem

Established Member
Reaction score
Rambo said:
Guys , There is a great product out there that does all the things propecia and rogaine does , Its called revivogen.

which revivogen product do you recommend? the whole therapy kit, or just the shampoo?