minoxidil

thinstinks

Established Member
Reaction score
i really examined my hair last night and now i am more depressed than ever
it is soooo thin that you can see right through it. i have lost a lot of density. ive been going through a shed(i think) for the past 2.5 months..

has anyone else shed this much before. i was losing like 10 hairs before (that i noticed), now im losing like 30-35.

this has gotten so bad that i am about to lose my fiance (shes pregnant) because i cant take this anymore, im so miserable.
i cant shave my head b/c i have a hair transplant scar.
i truly believe that minoxidil made my hair worse, it was never like this before the minoxidil.

and yes im on finasteride (2years) and spironolactone hairline, which has receeded a good half inch without any sign of hair growing back. in fact when i examined up close, you cant even see a distinct hair line, its miserable looking
ALL SCALP

what the f*** is going on, its been since beginning of feb (minoxidil)

bombscience

Reaction score
yes i have experienced the same thing but probably a bit more extreme than you. i have been shedding for various undertermined reasons for the last 4 months and lose over 75 hairs when brushing what's left of my hair. the showering another 100 or so.

take a look at the hair you're losing and see if it's thinning. minoxidil is probably kicking the telogen hairs out of your hair and promoting regrowth. It takes about 100 days for a hair to enter regrowth after this.