Minoxidyl, retinA and inch long hairs

Buggy

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Hi,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I have been experiencing hairloss for around 15 years, been using minoxidyl on-off since my mid to late 20's, I am almost 40 now.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]For the most part, new hairs do grow whilst I use minoxidyl and I do occasionally use some 0.025 retin a however, this can make my head sore so I don't use it every day.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]In 2006 I was at a trichologists and they looked at my hair under some magnifying glass and advised me that my hair was growing normally so couldn't explain why the hair on the main part of my head only grew up to 1 inch and then seemed to stop. This makes my diffuse hair seem thin as it doesn't grow enough to create any substantial volume.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I do occasionally shed a number of centimetre hairs which always has me hopeful that they will return as normal but over all my hair always seems the same.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Does anyone else that experiences these perennial short hairs know why this is so and what may be done to help?[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Many thanks[/FONT]