Minx's Story- ( 23 / Advice needed with pics :)

Minx

Reaction score
Hello all!

I've been reading the forums for a few days now and would like some advice on what to do with my hair. I'm currently 22 years old (23 in November), so I'm slightly concerned about how bad it's going to get. I've always had quite a high hairline and I think I've always had some kind of receding hairline, however I think that the hair at the front of my head is starting to get thinner so I'm getting worried :O.

PICT1182.jpg

PICT1183.jpg

PICT1184.jpg

PICT1185.jpg

PICT1181.jpg

As you can see, I've a large forehead and receding hairline ;). What would be the best course of action for me taking into consideration my age? I've thought about a hair transplant - bringing the hairline forward etc, but I've heard this isn't really advisable under the age of 30?

Anyways - any information / help you could provide would be greatly appreciated ^_^.

Cheers,

Minx

Petchsky

Reaction score
Re: Advice needed; 23 years old with pics :)

Propecia dude, do you have any inflammation of the scalp?

P.S Nice t-shirt, you look like someone who maybe knows his mushrooms...

Minx

Reaction score

Petchsky said:
Propecia dude, do you have any inflammation of the scalp?

P.S Nice t-shirt, you look like someone who maybe knows his mushrooms...

Hmm, I don't think I have any inflammation of the scalp - whys? :)

Haha yeah, it's actually a video game reference - but it works both ways I guess :p.

Cheers,

Minx

Petchsky

Reaction score

Hairloss is normally accompanied with inflammation of the scalp, but not always. Your hair is definitely receeding, but does not look to aggressive. If you were to look in to a H/T any Dr worth his salt would tell you to get on propecia to block the DHT and stop any further loss, DHT being the main culprit for killing off your follicles.

Do you shed much hair?

Minx

Reaction score

Petchsky said:
Hairloss is normally accompanied with inflammation of the scalp, but not always. Your hair is definitely receeding, but does not look to aggressive. If you were to look in to a H/T any Dr worth his salt would tell you to get on propecia to block the DHT and stop any further loss, DHT being the main culprit for killing off your follicles.

Do you shed much hair?

Okies, coolies. So, where do I go about getting Propecia (I'm from the UK like you)? Oh and what are the side-affects? :)

Erm, tis hard to tell how much hair I lose as I have such long hair. When I brush my hair, the hair could be loose hair that has been there for a while; I'm not sure. I've not actually counted the amount of hair that comes off my head when I brush my hair, but I'm guessing around 20-30 (edit: did a count, was about 100 hairs after brushing my hair) long hairs a day? Is that normal? No idea ^_^.

Thanks again,

Minx.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score

I would recommend using proscar instead pf propecia. It's the same ingredient (finasteride) and proscar comes in 5mg tablets so you can break a pill into 4 and a months worth will only cost you the price you would pay for a month on propecia 1mg tabs.

It's only available by perscription, so you'll have to ask a doctor to write ya one. the side effects are non existant for 98% of men including me.

-DH

Minx

Reaction score

die_hard said:
I would recommend using proscar instead pf propecia. It's the same ingredient (finasteride) and proscar comes in 5mg tablets so you can break a pill into 4 and a months worth will only cost you the price you would pay for a month on propecia 1mg tabs.

It's only available by perscription, so you'll have to ask a doctor to write ya one. the side effects are non existant for 98% of men including me.

-DH

Cheers dude - I'll book an appointment for the doctors and see what they say :).

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score

Just out of interest, what's meant by 'inflamation of the scalp'? - Sounds like a stupid question I know.

I have spots across my head (and the back and sides) which itch, but rather than my male pattern baldness I think they're related to using hair gel as it goes away when I don't use it.

I've always had mild acne too, so had spots on my scalp since I was a young teen. But is this what people mean when they mention inflamation of the scalp?

nemesispt

Reaction score
Your hairloss is simular to mine.

I have get on minoxidil an nizoral one mouth ago, and im think i start to see some results :D