mirrormirror's story

mirrormirror

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Steven and this is the first time I have ever even googled about my problem and I have read some of the stories and they look encouraging, so whats the worst that can happen right??

I am 27 and my story begins about 5 years ago when i realised that I was losing my hair. I was always confident and outgoing as a teenager but gradually it has been getting worse as it goes on. I started wearing a cap, and can honestly say that I don't remember the last day when I didn't wear one!

It affects my whole life, I am constantly aware of it, I play soccer and I am consistently touching my hair, I have half my mind on the game and the other half is worried what I look like, I will rarely go out drinking or to parties because I think it will be weird if I wear a hat, so I just don't go!

The problem is so deep that I can only say that it effects EVERYTHING that I do, connections with people are awkward.

my self esteem is none existent right now, I need help.

I have no idea about medication and have never looked into it, nobody except the people who read this know of my problems regarding this, not even my girlfriend!

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
hey Steven and welcome to the forums

mirrormirror said:
nobody except the people who read this know of my problems regarding this, not even my girlfriend!

even if u told her, she wouldn't get it.

mirrormirror said:
I have no idea about medication and have never looked into it,

the 'big three' is the standard hair loss treatment

there is a tablet called Propecia (finasteride), topical called Rogaine (minoxidil) and shampoo called Nizoral (Ketoconazole).

i use them and highly recommend them to other people with hair loss from androgen activity. if you want to research them, i find google scholar to be very useful.

Propecia is a prescription drug that needs to be prescribed from a doctor.

mirrormirror said:
The problem is so deep that I can only say that it effects EVERYTHING that I do, connections with people are awkward.
my self esteem is none existent right now, I need help.

the only thing that i know of that helps, is getting a hair cut that is acceptable and going to the gym regularly.