Miscellaneous Tv/film Discussion Thread

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since we have a lot of cinephiles on this forum ...

So far this year I have watched (grades are approximate and not assigned with too much seriousness):

In theaters
Black Panther, A-

On the airplane
Wonder Woman, B+
King Kong Skull Island, B-
Transformers: The Last Knight, D
The Bodyguard, B+
The Last Samurai, B
The Exception, B-
Spielberg (HBO documentary), B

On Netflix
Van Helsing (TV series), B+
the Bible, B+

Am Currently watching: Altered Carbon

Altered Carbon has mostly positive review, including several rave reviews from people that I respect, but so far I find it slightly-better-than average. Perhaps it will improve in the second half.

However, the Bible was excellent, as was season 1 of Van Helsing. Season 2, however, was a step down, the plot got a little too complicated and ambitious.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am Currently watching: Altered Carbon

Altered Carbon has mostly positive review, including several rave reviews from people that I respect, but so far I find it slightly-better-than average. Perhaps it will improve in the second half.

Watched Altered Carbon last week and though it was FIIIREE. So badass and cool.
Also Joel Kinnaman is rocking strong NW2 game:
altered-carbon-kovacs-1243787.jpg

Currently watching the final season of Bates Motel

After that I will move on to either season 2 of The Expanse or the latest season of The Path

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 80538

After that I will move on to either season 2 of The Expanse or the latest season of The Path

Kinnaman is very much the ideal case for a balding men. His baldness is hitting at a later age, and he has enough density and structure to pull off a perfect combover. More importantly, the rest of his figure is absolutely fantastic, he has a body to die for.

Martha Higareda and Kristin Lehman look fabulous as well :) Absolutely fantastic bodies. Lehman has great lips, every time her face is on the screen I zero in on her perfect lips.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kinnaman is very much the ideal case for a balding men. His baldness is hitting at a later age, and he has enough density and structure to pull off a perfect combover. More importantly, the rest of his figure is absolutely fantastic, he has a body to die for.

Martha Higareda and Kristin Lehman look fabulous as well :) Absolutely fantastic bodies. Lehman has great lips, every time her face is on the screen I zero in on her perfect lips.

He's been a NW2 for a little while if I'm not mistaken, is probably on treatment at this point. He and I have very similar hairlines so I am actually starting to grow my hair out to try and pull off this same style....haven't really grown it out long since getting on the big 3

Yeah Martha especially I found to be hot as hell

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
View attachment 80538

Bates Motel final season was good but not great. You will love The Good Doctor after watching Bates Motel. The Good Doctor is excellent. Love that show. Freddie Highmore is a gifted British actor and his American accent is flawless.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bates Motel final season was good but not great. You will love The Good Doctor after watching Bates Motel. The Good Doctor is excellent. Love that show. Freddie Highmore is a gifted British actor and his American accent is flawless.

I just got to the episode with Rihanna

giphy (1).gif

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Captain fantastic and Whiplash are the only two films i'd give 10/10 in the last 3 or so years.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shape of the Water won best picture, ... We're truly in the post-Weistein era.

Fkdup

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As for the new TV shows are concerned (2017 onwards),
1. Highly recommend ~9
Dark
Mindhunters
Punisher
Vietnam Diaries
2. Very good >8.3
Ozark
Taboo (something was missing)
Godless

3. Surprisingly Good: (Hooked from the very first scene)
Happy (weirdly weird till 70% of the series)
Till the end of f*** world

Had high expectations from Altered carbon but it was too formulaic. Watching Counterpart as of now. Very slowburner. Hope it delivers.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
As for the new TV shows are concerned (2017 onwards),
1. Highly recommend ~9
Dark
Mindhunters
Punisher
Vietnam Diaries
2. Very good >8.3
Ozark
Taboo (something was missing)
Godless

3. Surprisingly Good: (Hooked from the very first scene)
Happy (weirdly weird till 70% of the series)
Till the end of f*** world

Had high expectations from Altered carbon but it was too formulaic. Watching Counterpart as of now. Very slowburner. Hope it delivers.

I liked Ozark as well

Fkdup

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fargo season 3 is truly awful. Twin peak is/was a trendsetter. Handsmaid tale is pushing the propogenda tad too much. Black mirror latest season was underwhelming but on whole its awesome. End of ***world, well yes apart from that thing, I liked everything about the show, specialy because thing like this has not been attempted much in last 7,8 years .

To guys, who have seen almost all the great stuff of last 2 decades and are left with too few options, I would recommend Utopia for sure. I know most of cinephiles have already see it but I discovered it after I had finished watching hundreds of other mediocre stuff. This show is criminal underrated. Right up there among the top 100 shows.

Last edited:

Fkdup

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I liked Ozark as well
Check the other stuff I recommend from category 1, if you have not already. Stuff from category 2 depend on ur taste.
Touch category 3 only if you consider yourself as connoisseur.
All the stuff is from 2017 onwards only. For shows before that there r just too many to write here.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mindhunters
-''I could kill you now,pretty easily''
-''Do some interesting things before anyone showed up''
-''Then you would be with me in spirit.''

Best TV series lately
-The Crown
-War and Peace
-Westworld
-True Detective(season 1 only)
-Mindhunter

Fkdup

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
-''I could kill you now,pretty easily''
-''Do some interesting things before anyone showed up''
-''Then you would be with me in spirit.''

Best TV series lately
-The Crown
-War and Peace
-Westworld
-True Detective(season 1 only)
-Mindhunter

"doesnt look like anything to me". :D
What door?:eek:
"You think I'm scared of death? I've done it a million times. I'm f*****g great at it. How many times have you died?":cool:

Waiting badly for WW2. TD1 was amazing. War and peace was good though I had even higher expectations from it. Could not motivate myself for "The Crown". Is it good enough?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I finished Bates Motel last night

The ending was meh. Although I'm not really sure what I was expecting giving the ending couldn't have been anything but tragic. Still felt like it was missing something and felt underwhelming given how good the show was overall

Today will probably start season 2 of the expanse. I really enjoyed the first season of that show so expectations are high

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of shows I've watched over the last 1.5-2 years

Shows I loved:
The Man in the High Castle
Altered Carbon
The Expanse Season 1
Limitless
The Path seasons 1 and 2
Dexter (loved seasons 1-4, was meh on the rest)
Death Note (the anime show, NOT the bullshit netflix movie adaptation)

Shows I really liked:
Stranger Things
Better Call Saul seasons 1 and 2
Ozark
Bates motel season 4 (was meh on season 5)
Walking dead season 7
American horror story season 6
Game of Thrones season 7
Big Mouth
Murder in the first

Guilty Pleasure shows(I enjoy watching teeny-bopper sh*t from time to time):
Riverdale season 1
Scream seasons 1 and 2

I've watched other shows but these are ones that stick out to me

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I finished Bates Motel last night

The ending was meh. Although I'm not really sure what I was expecting giving the ending couldn't have been anything but tragic. Still felt like it was missing something and felt underwhelming given how good the show was overall

Today will probably start season 2 of the expanse. I really enjoyed the first season of that show so expectations are high
I told you the last season was ok. Now start watching "The Good Doctor". You will enjoy it. If you liked House, MD with a quirky doctor, you will like it.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I told you the last season was ok. Now start watching "The Good Doctor". You will enjoy it. If you liked House, MD with a quirky doctor, you will like it.

I actually haven't watched House

I generally enjoy dark stuff, stuff that has an epic feel to it, and occasionally irreverent comedy. Although that is a really general description