Misterdh's Story - (19/yo what type of hairloss?)

misterdh

Reaction score
Hi im now 19 been losing my hair since 16, i started shaving it all over recently. Currently using c1 shampoo and liquid for the last 7 months.. its helped. Take a look at my pics and can you tell me how bad it is and any suggestions.

UPDATE

01/09/10

editof159.jpg

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 19/yo what type of hairloss?

yea...actually for 19 years old you have an extreme kind of hairloss...I bet you can not do much thing with propecia and minoxidil...you will betta shave it and forget about it...and wait for future treatment...or if you are desperate about having hair just take a look at hairpieces...good luck!

misterdh

Reaction score

Hair piece? I do not think so!!!

I have seen your thread Andrei, and there is nothing wrong with your hair, its perfect!

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score

kinda aggressive for a 19yo, id try the big3 and consider hair transplant down the road... (and use toppik while at it)

best thing tho is just to shave it all or keep it buzzed #0-1 and forget about the whole thing :)

misterdh

Reaction score

Would it not be a good idea to consider a hair transplant now? I have the money :)

Vanzzzz

Established Member
Reaction score

It is bad because your hair loss has not stabilised yet. What may happen is that you may experience further hair loss in the future behind your transplanted hair, leaving a hair line with no hair behind it which will not look natural.

misterdh

Reaction score

It really sucks because this is the main years of your life where hair shows your youth.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score

i highly doubt an ethical doctor will perform an hair transplant on a 19yo... i have an aggressive hair loss too, and trust me, id love to get some work done but even at 27 i still wait for it to halt so i can go throw with it... ill be doing mine when im 30 i hope, if this is really important to you then do your research and maybe when you around 26-28~ go with it. + your very young and theres a good chance something will come to market by then... so best thing is just to forget it for a while, work out, go to school, have fun.. do your thing, dont let it bother you its becoming very common for guys around your age to lose hair

Nene

Reaction score

As others have said, extremely advanced hair loss for your age. If it's really bothering you it won't hurt to try the Big 3 but honestly, with such aggressive loss at such a young age you're not likely to get very good results. As for a hair transplant, I wouldn't consider it yet, you would have to try meds first and give it a few years, given your rate of loss you could end up Norwood 7 which makes you a bad hair transplant candidate.

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score
Why not try finasteride or dutasteride?

I have just turned 19, and i bet my hair would have receeded to your level or even further in about 6months.

I went straight onto dutasteride, becuase we both share really aggressive male pattern baldness, I went on dutasteride becuase i thought it would be my only hope and I would recommend it to you, I've regrown my hair back to a non-balding like NW2 without minoxidil, becuase our hair has been lost so recently, you have a great chance to regrow a self-confidence repairing amount of hair.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
For you being 19 years old, yes this is quite aggressive hairloss. But, it seems not to bother you too much? Anyway, that's how it appears to me.

I wouldn't do surgery if I was you. At least, not yet. Surgery only works if you expect no future hairloss. And seeing you seem to have a quite aggressive pattern, I'd say jump on the medications first. Just finasteride or dutasteride to halt the DHT hormone, which should halt your hairloss greatly and even regrows hair.

So give the meds a chance, and consider a transplant when your sure you've stopped all hairloss. Generally, they say the minimum age is 25. I really want or wanted a transplant done as well, but I think I'll just wait untill I hit the 2 year mark with my current regime, or try some other stuff in the meanwhile.

Besides, surgery doesn't create more hair, it just equally devides it. Meds however, do create new hair. ;) So it's a win-win situation for both your hair and your money to wait.