Mitch's Story (23/ with pics!)

mitch

Reaction score
hey guys, i started propecia a year and a half ago for a receding hairline. i had relatively thick hair everywhere else however soon after starting the crown started to thin out heavily. so i'm pretty sure what you see in the picture has happened over that time frame. i'm not sure whether that loss was from propecia or if it was inevitable.

i tried minoxidil for a few months but it was too much of a hassle and i was convinced it was causing prolonged shedding. however i'm thinking of starting again.

does my loss look as though it can be helped with minoxidil? any other suggestions.

any advice would be much appreciated

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-08-11 at 11.40.52 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-08-11 at 11.40.52 PM.png
    281.4 KB · Views: 188

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Mitch's story (23 with pics)

Propecia certainly isn''t to blaim for your crown thinning, it would have been inevitable.

If your that botherd about your hair stick with finasteride, though minoxidil could possibly thicken your crown, it will be an uphill battle and will do nothing to stop the cause of loss. Don't mess around with treatments, if you'r going to start a reigme, stick with it!

mitch

Reaction score
the photo doesn't give the best indication as to the extent of the loss because it's zoomed in and the hair is quite frizzed. i'll take some more shots, both wet and dry, from a better position to give a true indication.

i'm sure i'm my own worst critic, as i imagine most people on here are. every time i show my parents or girlfriend they'll tell me i'm being paranoid. although i assume that's partially to save my feelings.

thanks for the input