mixer25's story - (38 year old male from Scotland.)

mixer25

Reaction score
I started to get hairloss on the temples at around 28, I then started using nizoral, and at around 30 it got a bit worse I started using Saw Palmetto... by 34 it was only midly worse so I really do think just these two slowed it all down, as at 34 I stopped both then within a year I now have a bald patch at front of head, and more receeded, although the back hasn't gone and remains as thick as the sides, so I guess I am on a Norwood scale of around II A to III A and now 37 years old/

I have now started back on saw and nizorla , but cannot use something like finistride for medical reasons as suffer from mild Gynecomastia which I undestand can be a side effect of Finastride :roll:

Is there much else I can try? what about Minoxidl?

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil could maybe grow back some of the hair you lost in the last year ( where follicles are still "alive"). Best options are Rogaine foam or Spectral DNC. There are cheaper generic liquid products, but I recommend choosing from the first two.

Another option is to add topical antiandrogene like spironolactone 5% or fluridil. Both are good in my opinion. Have a look on the experimental treatments section, there are many discussions there about them.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Scotland rules!

My family is from Helmsdale.

My Scottish Grandpa had great hair.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I might be going to Scotland for business purpose.