Mixing spironolactone and minoxidil to make Spiridil? ^_^

Hoppi

Reaction score
I'm still wrestling with my liver and digestion but in the mean time I wanna quick fix, so I've been looking at spironolactone, minoxidil and Eucapil. The first two are the cheapest but I hate the unusual applicator thing Dr Lee's 2% spironolactone has (it won't reach under my hair!!).

I was wondering if I could just grab a month of spironolactone and a month of minoxidil, mix them up in the same bottle and just use Spiridil twice a day? lol ^_^

Seems pretty quick and easy that way and I can't see any obvious problems!!

Hoppi :)

jmoss1982

Reaction score
You can easily remove the applicator tip on the spironolactone bottle. Then you can use a regular dropper and apply it directly to your scalp.

Alternately you can purchase the 5% spironolactone cream and use that after your application of minoxidil.

I wouldn't recommend mixing the two. First off you risk possible degradation of the active ingredients and two the odor might be unbearable.

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
Like jmoss1982 said, you don't want to mix them together.

From Dr. Lee:

Q. Why didn’t you put spironolactone directly into your minoxidil solutions, so it would have been more convenient to use?
A. When minoxidil and spironolactone are combined in the same solution, they will chemically react and degrade each other, causing a particularly offensive odor. Since this chemical reaction requires many hours to occur, the reaction does not occur if minoxidil and spironolactone are applied to the scalp one after the other, from separate containers.

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
facepalm.gif

Hoppi

Reaction score
hm interesting! Well, perhaps I won't take the risk for now :)

Although it has to be said that Proxiphen combines them, doesn't it? I'm not sure if I fully believe that they react, but I'm sure evidence will arise one way or the other at some point :)

And Uuno, I know I said that tons of pomegranate juice may cure some people's male pattern baldness - it was based on the assumption that it's strong enough to kill the bacteria and parasites that can cause male pattern baldness in my opinion particularly if they set up home in or around the liver, due to increased liver toxicity. However instead of juice I am now using things like Humaworm and colloidal silver to try to kill them :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
Come on Blaze just because I want to diagnose myself to a greater extent doesn't mean I have to have an issue with the use of chemicals and treatments. I still think the liver is a huge player in this, but I'm only human and I don't know exactly what happened in my body.

Not everyone who has alternative views has to be perfect, and that DOESN'T dictate whether they are actually right or wrong.

On the subject of hormonal imbalance, I believe that surely it's more absurd to believe that it doesn't happen or can't potentially lead to male pattern baldness, when we surely know for a fact that fluctuations in androgens can (steroids, female hormonal fluctuations, etc). Not in everyone (due to genetics), but in many.

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
hm interesting! Well, perhaps I won't take the risk for now :)

Although it has to be said that Proxiphen combines them, doesn't it? I'm not sure if I fully believe that they react, but I'm sure evidence will arise one way or the other at some point :)

Proxiphen has both spironolactone and minoxidil; it also has a cream base which may account for the difference.

There were posters on here who would mix spironolactone and finasteride, dutasteride (mabye loniten?) into a cream and had pretty good results.