mjgptdawgStory - (27, and probably a NW5/6...with pics!!)

mjgptdawg

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals,

Found this site a couple weeks ago, and I must say it has been a godsend. I appreciate all the information I have found on this site to help in my battle for hair loss.

My story of hair loss started when I was approaching 25 and began grad school in Physical Therapy. I'm not sure if stress of school played a part, but I suddenly started losing my hair. I never thought much of it, and honestly didn't really have time to care, but gradually classmates and family would start to make comments about my losing hair. I never researched any hair growth products, and just assumed that losing my hair was a losing battle, inevitable, and there wasn't a thing I could do to stop it. My dad doesn't have much hair, but he never started losing it till he was late into his 30's.

I was on Rogaine liquid a couple years ago for a month (didn't know anything about how long to expect results, so basically just quit). But over the past year, I've been getting constant comments from friends/family about how bad I'm balding, and I'm finally getting sick of all the comments and am now trying to hope that it doesn't get any worse. I pretty much have nothing left on my crown but some strands of hair, and am getting that dreaded horseshoe pattern. I fear I may be too late, but after seeing some success stories on here of some people with hair a bit worse than mine, maybe I should have some optimism.

I originally placed an order for Provillus after reading what I THOUGHT were legit blogs and sites, such as TrustMichael, ranking it as the #1 Hair loss product. Well 2 days later I ran across this site and realized it was a scam, so am now in the process of getting back some of my money via a refund on the Provillus. From the advice of this site, I am going to be starting on the Big 3:

Currently, I am taking Rogaine Foam (started 1-4-08), and am now going to start to religiously take 1% Nizoral 2x/week (originally took it here and there for dermatitis, but now learned on here of it being a combatant for hair loss). I placed an order for Proscar from United Pharmacies, and should be receiving that any day. At that time, the Big 3 will officially be complete.

Below are some pics I took right before Rogaine Foam on 1-14-08 As you can see, I don't have much left. Not sure of a Norwood, but it seems I'm fast approaching a Norwood 5. What do you think?

I'm currently shaving my head down to clipper #2, but now that my dermatitis is getting under control, I may go to a 1 soon.

I'll be posting updated pics every so often. Hopefully I can be a success story, but it's not looking good.

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 3,547
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 3,977
  • hair3.jpg
    hair3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 3,588

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: Matt's Story 1-08 (27, and balding really bad...with pics!!)

Your hair loss is rather advanced, I think its a NW6, I hope big 3 can help you gain some hair back, best of luck man!

antonio666

Reaction score
Re: Matt's Story 1-08 (27, and probably a NW5/6...with pics!!)

not norwood 6,he is defintley a norwood 5

pmill

Reaction score

in all honesty i would get a transplant..i think you waited too long...you say your a physical therapist so you should have some extra money saved up...like i always say hair is worth alot so every penny you pay is worth it

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score

lets not forget though that his balding only starrted to become noticable in when he was 25... he is only 27... that means he has lost an incredible amount over 2-3 years.. but those follicles wont be dead yet.... the big three may spring them back into life... its not impossible...

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How's it going?
mjgptdawg was last seen: 9y 24w ago.

I think, he is rather completely bald now, considering how he let himself go: he had nothing left on crown and still wasn't on any treatment. In his place, I'd never leave the house with such an advanced hair loss.