Month 10 and shedding

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on propecia for 10 months and up until about 6-8 weeks ago I just didn't think it was doing anything one way or another.

Unhappily in the last few weeks I've been losing ground quite rapidly. I mean noticing a difference from one 4 week haircut to the next. I'm not noticing a lot more hairs in the shower or on pillows etc but my hair is quite light and fine anyway so it's ahrd to tell.

Is this a typical finasteride-type shed or is it unusual to have your first big shed at this late-ish stage of treatment?

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
Scratch that - I am shedding more than in recent months. Noticing more hairs on clothes, the occassional hair falling on my face etc.

sh*t, I really, really hope this is a sign of regrowth to come.

Vanzzzz

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed more hair loss as well during the shower and on my pillow. Easily about 90 strands each day in the shower.

Daily hair loss not so much, about 15 strands which I will notice. Thing is, I shed very little outside, my desk and shirt usually have very few hair, which is why i suspect all the hair that I should be shedding daily is coming out in the showers.

I am only on Propecia and Nizoral.

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
Vanzzzz, that's happening with me too. I see very little evidence of shedding except in the shower. I have one of those filter things over the plughole that catches hairs etc and i see about 25-35 hairs a day in there. I think I was only seeing 10-15 hairs a day before starting propecia.

Like you I'm only using propecia and nizoral.

I'm wondering whether starting propecia was a mistake and should stop or continue and hope that the finasteride starts doing some good soon.