Month 16 on Propecia and a bit worry (PHOTOS)

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, I been on propecia for more than 16 months now. Everything seems to be doing good until the last 2 months, I think. I been photo documenting my hairline sense month 3 on Propecia. I begin to see hair growth on month 6 or that what people say when they see my images. But for the last 2 months I think my hair is getting worst not much. I been looking at it for 2 years now and taking images of it for 14 months, so it's really hard for me to make a decision because everything is getting fuzzy (fuzzy as in seeing the samething over and over again) when I look at it now. I know I don't have a big hair loss. I think im still between a 1 and 2 and I really have fine hair so it's looks more of a hair loss than it is for a thick hair person. What do you think, its my hair is getting worst or is the same or am I just going crazy.

P.S.; I been using a more light so it does not looks dark. The bottom section is the right side of my hair that is have a the hair loss problem. I do have a hair loss problem on the left but it's not really as bad as the right.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bro, you had and seem to be having awesome results on Propecia...

When you look at the early months and that mole, how thin your hair was and then how much it grew back up front. I honestly dont think you have anything to worry about brother.

Keep taking that little pill and keep on taking those photos.

Take Care,
Tony

G

First things first - you had 10 months that where really good to you - hope you enjoyed them. There seems to be no real loss at month 15 but remember finasteride or whatever on the market right now will only slow the hairloss down - you will keep losing hair with age just like everyone else.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I also want to point out that I been leaving Nizoral 2% on my head for 10 to 15 minutes instead of 3 to 5 minutes. Which my hair seems to be more dry than before. Do you think I should go back to 3 to 5 minutes? I been doing that since SOCK (HairLossTalk.com member) told me you need to atleast to put the stuff for 10 to 15 minutes.

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
you ARE going crazy...first of all, youre hair is fine the way it was. If I saw you on the street I wouldnt even have thought youre going the least bit bald you lucky sonofa b**ch :wink: It may be a thinning period or a seasonal shed . I've noticed that my friends that have hair for life go through some thinning periods (for them) and then their back to normal in a few weeks. Its amazing how paranoid this website can make someone, myself included. Before i started my treatment, i didnt think about hairloss nearly as much, i'm almost bald and it didnt bug me. Now, I think about it way too much and I do things like examine other peoples' hairlines and scalps, not to mention my own. The pill obviously hasnt had a detrimental effect on your hair..and from what I see has only improved it although there was really no need for it. You my friend have got to stop thinking about it, get off this site and enjoy life. I guarantee you that nobody is even giving your hair 1% of the thought that you are. And for what its worth...i'll trade hair with you.
Good luck!!

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
You have had excellent sucess with maintainance but if you want greater regrowth in the temple areas then you should apply minoxidil in those areas. As for nizarol, 4-5 mins. is sufficient.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
absmon, I'm not worry about my temples because I was born without them and I can't grow something that I don't have in the first place.

WithTheLidOff, I know I think about it too much but I think I think about it a lot because I have a brother that is 5 years older and he is a Norwood 3 and I worry about that to me.

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
you are absolutely f*****g insane....ive been on propecia (soon to be on proscar cause i found someone to finally perscribe it to me) for two months and the only two reason i even have a remotly positive views on my future results is because of seing urs photos and hearing sock's story when fist getting on these forums.....so once again ur insane

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
for what its worth, the family history thing is nowhere close to being an exact indicator of whats going to happen. I mean sure the odds are way in your favor if everyone in your family has a full head of healthy hair...but you never know. In my personal experience and using solely people that I'm aquainted with (so no science) I've noticed that you just never know. I had at least 5 friends growing up that I thought I could depend on to be my bald buddies since ALL of them had bald fathers and brothers that were bald by the time they were 24. Like Andre Agassi style bald. Anyways, I'm 0-5 in that sense. All of them still have a thick healthy head of hair the way it was in high school. They're 26-27 now. ALso I know a family of pure gorillas where the father and older 2 brothers have a full head of hair and the youngest one is very thin. I could go on and on but I'm pretty sure that family history isn't a surefire thing...even within the same family. For the time being, your hair looks great and you shouldnt worry since youre doing everything possible to keep it other than stressing over it. I hope this helps in some way.

Petchsky

Reaction score
As i was trying to waste some time till 9.oo pm UK time i studied your photo's in depth and my findings were as follows, no change. You said it yourself -

P.S.; I been using a more light so it does not looks dark.

And thats about the size of it... otherwise everything is normal, good head of hair...chill :lol:

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ACT10Npack Writes:

I also want to point out that I been leaving Nizoral 2% on my head for 10 to 15 minutes instead of 3 to 5 minutes. Which my hair seems to be more dry than before. Do you think I should go back to 3 to 5 minutes? I been doing that since SOCK (HairLossTalk.com member) told me you need to atleast to put the stuff for 10 to 15 minutes.

First off, I think your hair looks great bro. There has been an absolutely positive improvement in your front which is the hardest area to treat.

If I saw you on the street I would not imagine you had male pattern baldness and I'm one picky mother f*cker :)

As far as the nizoral 2%, I never said you need to leave it on for 10-15mins.

The longer you leave a chemical on your skin the more that chemical can be potentially absorbed. If you are sensitive to a chemical and/or that chemical is a very potent chemical you want to adjust down the time you have that chemical on your skin.

So, this is my position on Nizoral:

Initially use it for 5mins every 2nd day. If you have no negative reactions after a month, use it 10-15mins every 3rd day. If you have no negative reactions then stick with it :)

Remember, there is evidence that Ketoconazole disrupts DHT locally in the scalp. IMHO, if you can tolerate nizoral on your scalp longer then 5mins then I say go for it :)

I have been doing it for 2-3months now with NO negative reaction. Also remember that hair naturally goes through periods of ups and downs. I suggest you take a good look at the photos when you started and the current photos and take a little breather :)