Moody's story

Moody

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Finally I decided to post my story here. We all have some similar problems right? :p I want to keep it short: I am battling since the beginning of 2009 with severe depression and a generalized anxiety disorder. After a couple of months, since the beginning of 2009, my hair felt out rapidly which was definitely Telogen Effluvium. However, I was completely not able to control this situation. The stress and problems I already had increased to a larger extent and I was not able to function. So what did I do in 2,5 years? No work, no study but only OBSESSING, OBSESSING AND OBSESSING. Believe me, in fact it's not possible to live under these circumstances. I really can't help, I think it's a part of my life now. I'm not bald yet, I think I have a sort of chronic hairloss because my hair remained exactly the same after the Telogen Effluvium in 2009. I am not in denial, I'm just saying what I see. However, I always had thin hair, and I am obsessed with taking pictures under strong daylight. I really can't help it! I am not gonna summarize who is bald or not in my family, because I think that's also a part of a denial stage. I am 29 now, went to a derm 2 months ago and she said that the balding process didn't start yet. I completely disagreed, but I listened to her and I started with Proscar 2 months ago. And yes, I experience a MASSIVE shedding :) Especially in the frontal area! But I will continue with this regimen, see what will happen. Thank you in advance for possible thoughts or ideas mates! Greetings moody!

Ps. The pictures are taken with a 8 Mp camera. And yes, under strong daylight! :) The strange thing is, it seems to be that I have more hair on the top in comparison to the back and sides!

Attachments

• hair6.jpg
    hair6.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 278
  • hair3.jpg
    hair3.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 254
  • hair5.jpg
    hair5.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 258
  • hair4.jpg
    hair4.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 250
  • hair8.jpg
    hair8.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 271
  • hair10.jpg
    hair10.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 270

kabooski

Reaction score
Re: My story

This board can be slow at times. Some weird thinning, deep into the sides. Did you get any blood work done to see if you have any deficiencies?

How much shedding are we talking? The hope is, the shed hairs comes back

I recommend next time you get a hair cut. Just buzz the sides at #2 (no more than 2 inches above the ear) all around (like a bowl cut)

looks like they buzzed the sides all the way up into the top of lateral parietal bone. Leaving the top longer.

Moody

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply mate! Yes it's really really weird, I don't understand it anymore. I really don't know what this is; it's such a weird pattern...:( Next friday there will be a blood test. Hope that it will explain something. Personally I think that it has to do something with chronic hairloss because my hair loss seems to be the same the last 1,5 years after the Telogen Effluvium I experienced.
The shedding because of Proscar continues (I am using it for 2 months exactly). I didn't count my hairs but I can say that my scalp is more visible than before. Furthermore, I see hairs everywhere. Really everywhere!

Below you can see a picture of the back of my head. I am really concerned about the current situation. Can someone give advice or something? Thank you in advance friends!

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Stay on the finasteride. 2 months isn't enough time to make an educated decision on it. It took about 4 months for me to really notice that the hairloss slowed down. Some people it takes even longer than that. I think it all depends on how aggressive your hairloss is to begin with.

Moody

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Rawtashk. I was not able to upload the picture of the back of my head yesterday, I will try it again today. It's really weird; I am thinning on the sides and also on the back of my head. I will stay on finasteride and see what will happen.

Moody

Reaction score
So, this is the back of my head. I hate this!

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 249

Moody

Reaction score
UPDATE 03/07/20

Hello guys, after a long period I will upload my new pictures. I am still in depression with panic attacks, but fortunately I can handle it better. Maybe I have panicked for nothing, maybe I am still balding. Nobody knows. Fact is that I am still using finasteride (cutting in 4 pieces). After 2 months I will be 30 and I have still hair. But I still think that I have diffuse balding. Nevertheless, after almost 4 years of severe depression, panick attacks and obsessive disorder I am still not bald. Maybe I will not be bald like my father (norwood 6, 53 years old), maybe I will. But hair loss is really difficult to handle, I lost almost my life to it! So fellow mates, you are not alone!

Btw, my hair is oily on the pictures. I didn't wash it for 2 days :)

Attachments

• Naamloos.jpg
    Naamloos.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Naamloos2.jpg
    Naamloos2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 218

Moody

Reaction score
The last set of pictures. Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Attachments

• 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 234
Reaction score
Hey ! guys ,I am a Chinese and now I am a University student.
My English is not very good, but I'm glad to be here to communicate with you!

Gigz89

Reaction score
Moody, with those newest pics in mind (or even the older one's really), if I were to walk by you on the streets, I wouldn't be able to notice anything wrong with your hair. Good job and good luck.

Moody

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your inputs. I'm extremely obsessed with my hair, resulting in panic attacks and depression. This is the case for more than 4 years :( Nevertheless, I think it improved a lot thanks to finasteride. Thank you very much!!!

Moody

Reaction score
Good remark! Must be almost 3 years instead of 4 years. Sorry, I'm just very confused :(

ertesi

Reaction score
Hey dude Your hairtype is amazingly similar with me and I will follow your posts!! I am an engineer why I am saying this , when I was college I was studying 4-5 hours in a ordinary day and it was made me crazy ,I have suffered with eczema and loosing hair density...But I saw it was a temporarily situation. after graduation ,I definitely gain back my hair density. I think you just try to use some multivitamin stuff and remove all stresses. If ask my age I am 24 and now I am only worrying about mature hairline instead of male pattern baldness Good luck !!