More Than 10 Years On Various Treatments

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Ive been a long time member of this forum but have not been here or posted for a long time..I see a few posts asking what has happened to old time members and even asked the question myself in the past,, so thought id come back and give an update.

I started losing hair at 23 (37now) I was losing fast all over in the nw6 pattern and especially fast in the hairline.. i started finasteride when i was 25 which slowed the loss significantly but at the time was really hard to see a difference and i nearly quit..

It wasnt untill after a full 2 years when i checked old photos that i was sure finasteride was doing anything at all... I cant stress the importance of photos enough as the mind plays tricks on you!!
I had experienced zero side effects and have had no bad effects to this day so just tried to take the pill and forget about my hair, not easy i know..

Between the age of 25 and 29 i just used finasteride.. while it did slow my frontal loss it didnt stop it completely so at 29 I added minoxidil.. again no dramatic difference but the frontal loss seemed to stop so this was my regimen until a few years ago when i noticed the front was starting to thin again.. I considered switching to dutasteride but some of the horror stories about people losing their hairlines put me off.. so still i continued to lose hair albeit at a slow rate..

Finally about a year ago I added dutasteride twice a week as well as the finasteride on the other days.. I also added a few dutasteride caps to my minoxidil and applied this twice a day.. Now for the first time in all this time I have seen some regrowth at the hairline and my hair all over is getting ever so slowly better..

I am sure that without treatment I would have been bald by 30 so to be here at 37 with pretty much the same hair i had 10 years ago I am more than happy and to think that i nearly quit meds because i was impatient and didnt think they were working Im so glad i didnt..

I know a lot of you will say that without photos its just a story.. and id have probably said the same. Sorry but Im not willing to post photos here and lost a lot of my older ones when the site changed a few years back. if you look at my older posts you will see ive been battling this for a long time..

I just wanted to say dont give up the meds do work even if its barely noticeable you just need to be consistent and give it plenty of time.. take photos and only use them to assess progress..

Dont listen to all the horror stories, I nearly did and would be much worse off now because of it..
Ive never had any sides at all, im sure they exist but they are rare. Dont give up, keep trying and eventually something will work..

I wish I had known this years ago as the amount of time I spent on forums and stressing about my hair now seems rediculous when i should have been out enjoying life..

Good luck everyone

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia never stopped the loss completely i was still losing ground just at a much slower rate which in itself was a success to me.. only this year upon adding dutasteride have I seen the loss stop completely and any real although still small improvement

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you are still on minoxidil ? does it help your hairline ? no sides with it ?
No sides such as puffy nipples with duta or propecia after all those years ?
thanks

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you hav maintain your crown with propecia ? what wouldbe your advice for me, i keep receding on propecia and minoxidil . i am 2 years on treatment , but i got pufffy nipples because of 5 mg propecia so i can't add duta .
YOu said that propecia help after 2 years ?

g.i joey

Reaction score
This is just what I needed to hear man. I'm on finasteride 8 months but take a 1 month break around 4 months in. So I'm basically still at baseline but This gave me a little hope to keep pushing

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
you hav maintain your crown with propecia ? what wouldbe your advice for me, i keep receding on propecia and minoxidil . i am 2 years on treatment , but i got pufffy nipples because of 5 mg propecia so i can't add duta .
YOu said that propecia help after 2 years ?
My crown is pretty good, my hair was thinning i. Nw6 pattern but finasteride has held it quite well. The only thing that worked at completely stopping frontal loss was adding dutasteride, maybe try adding 1x week? I also put a few in my minoxidil but dont know if this helped at all.

what norwood are you currently ?
Currently I would say Norwood 2.5 maybe

Can u show us ur hair now?
I could but what would that prove?:)

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
k that is nice to hear . because for me too propecia doesnt stop my hairline recession . NO gyno with duta ? this is a stong stuff. And the hairline destroyer myth is wrong?