Moreandmore100's Story

moreandmore100

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been on Finasteride 1mg since 2005 after I started to feel concerned that I was losing hair from the crown area but to be honest I am not sure if i was really losing hair or i was just obessed but I wanted to do something and started to take these tablets - dunno if due to them or not but i kept hair - back in 2005 i took photos of my hair but alas I can find them to compare - below please find photos of my situtation now (now i am almost 28 years old)

However i must say that these tablets do not work on the front and I would like to ask you what tablets do you suggest for that area - Thanks

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
nothing is proven to work for the front unfortunately, except possibly Minoxidil.

Wrong. Finasteride works for the front as well - Merck only did studies of the vertex/crown and therefore can only claim it works for the vertex/crown.

moreandmore100

Reaction score
jimmer23 said:
+1 on the minoxidil. I've been on for 3 months now and have the recessed areas totally filled in with hair now - getting thicker and darker every day. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself. Try it, you have nothing to lose except more hair.

Please may you elaborate further on minoxidil – what is its generic name and how do you apply it? Or it comes as tablets? Thanks