Morethanbald's Story-(9 years as a hairless women and im ok)

morethanbald

Reaction score
my name is morgan and I am 26 years old and i live in Kentucky. I started losing my hair the summer I turned 17 I was slick bald in a matter of two weeks, a week later I began an exchange program in hamburg germany. While abroad I lost my eyebrows and my sense of identity.
It has taken me years to come to terms with my life as a bald women and I still have moments where it still feels like a curse, but I have mostly come to view it as an odd blessing of sorts. It has helped me to be more concerned with inner beauty rather than the superficial. It has helped me build my character as a person who triumphs over lifes difficulties. Losing my hair has taught me that being a women is more than being stereotypically beautiful. Best of all I haven't shaved my legs, armpits, or private region for 9 years, and there has gotta be alot of women who would appreciate that.LOL.
Really though it's just hair, its not a leg, or an arm, or my health or my life. I don't wear my wigs very often because they are uncomfortable and they don't feel natural plus I feel like iam misrepresenting my true self, so I wear scarfs. So many people have come and asked me if I have cancer, I'm sure some of you can relate, It sometimes gets annoying to have to explain myself to strangers, but it also remind me that things could be a lot worse. I am just thankful I don't have cancer and everything i cope with is just emotional and self esteem based because that can be fixed without radiation.

pfatehi

Reaction score
what exactly is your diagnosis/condition? you mentioned having lost your eyebrows but you are able to have body hair so im wondering what is the medical term for what you have.

i can understand what you mean about being more sensitive to inner beauty rather than superficial looks. i've gone from one extreme of vanity and superficiality to another of deep inner appreciation. i'm trying to get a little more balanced and therefore i'm bringing a little bit of that vanity back into my life (the reason i am now starting Tx of rogaine / finasteride).

can you tell us a bit about your body type (frame, weight, facial features, etc)?

what i don't understand is, why do you wanna go completely el'naturel..? ..as in, allowing all your armpit hair, leg hair and pubic hair to grow full bush. unfortunately we do live in a society that values and favors aesthetic beauty / looks. anyone can take steps to have a superficial sense of beauty in addition to the deep inner beauty that you are fortunate enough to have become so sensitive to.
let's call this process: self-optimization & social adjustment.

lemme guess, are you a psychologist? that's a profession where your sensitivity and empathy would come in handy for the good of others.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
pfatehi said:
what exactly is your diagnosis/condition? you mentioned having lost your eyebrows but you are able to have body hair so im wondering what is the medical term for what you have.

i can understand what you mean about being more sensitive to inner beauty rather than superficial looks. i've gone from one extreme of vanity and superficiality to another of deep inner appreciation. i'm trying to get a little more balanced and therefore i'm bringing a little bit of that vanity back into my life (the reason i am now starting Tx of rogaine / finasteride).

can you tell us a bit about your body type (frame, weight, facial features, etc)?

what i don't understand is, why do you wanna go completely el'naturel..? ..as in, allowing all your armpit hair, leg hair and pubic hair to grow full bush. unfortunately we do live in a society that values and favors aesthetic beauty / looks. anyone can take steps to have a superficial sense of beauty in addition to the deep inner beauty that you are fortunate enough to have become so sensitive to.

lemme guess, are you a psychologist? that's a profession where your sensitivity and empathy would come in handy for the good of others.

Er, think you misread that. She says she hasnt had to shave for 9 years, meaning, hair does not grow on her body.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
morethanbald said:
my name is morgan and I am 26 years old and i live in Kentucky. I started losing my hair the summer I turned 17 I was slick bald in a matter of two weeks, a week later I began an exchange program in hamburg germany. While abroad I lost my eyebrows and my sense of identity.
It has taken me years to come to terms with my life as a bald women and I still have moments where it still feels like a curse, but I have mostly come to view it as an odd blessing of sorts. It has helped me to be more concerned with inner beauty rather than the superficial. It has helped me build my character as a person who triumphs over lifes difficulties. Losing my hair has taught me that being a women is more than being stereotypically beautiful. Best of all I haven't shaved my legs, armpits, or private region for 9 years, and there has gotta be alot of women who would appreciate that.LOL.
Really though it's just hair, its not a leg, or an arm, or my health or my life. I don't wear my wigs very often because they are uncomfortable and they don't feel natural plus I feel like iam misrepresenting my true self, so I wear scarfs. So many people have come and asked me if I have cancer, I'm sure some of you can relate, It sometimes gets annoying to have to explain myself to strangers, but it also remind me that things could be a lot worse. I am just thankful I don't have cancer and everything i cope with is just emotional and self esteem based because that can be fixed without radiation.

One of my friends is AU also... Tough. Especially for a woman.
I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing a wig, I don't think you're misrepresenting yourself. Tons of black women with full heads of hair wear wigs. But, do whatever makes you comfortable. If it doesn't feel right to you, then don't wear it.
The cancer thing is just plain rude and ignorant. I'm sure my friend has heard the same thing. What kind of person asks someone if they have cancer? Thats fucked up.

I'm sure one of the mods will point this out, but there's a woman's version of this site...
http://www.heralopecia.com/

Of course, they'll also tell you that you're welcome here as well...

pfatehi

Reaction score
haunted-ballroom said:
pfatehi said:

Er, think you misread that. She says she hasnt had to shave for 9 years, meaning, hair does not grow on her body.

my bad.. i def. misread that.